keith303 - all wheels spinning freely

Every time I hear a tune from you I feel fantastic for the next few days. :slight_smile: Thanks, outstanding track as usual.

Grats to winning the silver knob, Keith! Quite the achievement among so many entries, and some quite excellent ones, too! :slight_smile:

thanks Mivo !

even though to me, 2nd place means 1st of the losers :wink:

Well personally I cannot understand why this time zprime won 1st. Congrats for the second place.

Hi,

regarding the stereo wider problem in Renoise: There is a new and free plugin available for win/osx:

http://a1audio.de/index.php/a1stereocontrol

Didn’t test it, but looks very useful and professional, just like a better version of Waves PS22 (edit: S1). And it’s free!

My suggestion for Renoise stereo fx: Do not use the width slider on the left at all, it’s not mono compatible. If you use the stereo expander, only use the first slider. But also this one subjectively increases the volume on stereo, while it stays the same in mono! So you can get a mixing problem on mono.

the internal renoise stereo width stuff is simply phase shifting and therefore causing comb filtering partial frequencies or even phase cancelation when played mono, depending on the degree of shifting.

for the purpose of the competing in that competition it’s not a drawback, as everybody charge of voting is very likely to monitor their stuff in stereo, but i will take a closer look on that plugin you linked - certainly might come in handy for future participations.

so thanks for that !