Keith303 - troubled waterbellies from below sealevel (OSC#136)

made for OSC#136 (Odin2 VST)

utilizes:
14x Odin2
9x Renoise Analog Filter
4x Renoise Digital Filter
14x Renoise EQ 10
8x Renoise MultiTap Delay
3x Valhalla Supermassive
4x Epicverb
1x Smartelectronix Ambience
3x Xfer OTT
4x TDR Kotelnikov
1x Loudmax
1x Voxengo SPAN

14 Likes

Massive. I would love to see the renoise setup and song structure.

The intro is totally sick and great. The track is great too, but I enjoyed the intro more.

The sounds are awesome. Did you make every sound by yourself?

How did you use Odin2 VST3 within Renoise?

thanks for taking the listen guys.

understandable… intro and actual song are pretty detached from each other mood-wise.

yes. this synth, or at least the current beta, does not come with any presets.

you can wrap it, see this post/thread for details:

There where some presets posted on kvr. I really like that sound and the sounds you made sounds gorgeous. Hope it will not be too expensive after the beta in case it’s not for free.

Lovely, i’m lost on it like a daydreamer :slight_smile: Thank you for sharing.

Very pleasant track and i agree with the opening its so good

Always impressed by your productions man. The sound design is fantastic. You manage to keep things evolving but in very subtle ways. And creating percussion with that much rhythm and feeling is super impressive.

I for one enjoy the melodic hook AND the intro :joy:

It’s got a nice joyful melancholy to it.

Beautiful lush rich sounds, really dig that sort of rosewood-gamelan-bell-like drum; awesome.

K3_Amok.xm (eer amak et amorv’e!) still remains my favorite by you, it was a major influence
for me many years ago; so much skill!

Thanks for sharing your music, really good stuff!

That’s a mellow and sophisticated track! Thanks for listing the plugins, gotta try out some of these.

1 Like

I’ve got to say, it was so nice to have this thread bumped. This is such a phenomenal piece, and it was exactly what I needed to hear right now.

Keep those mind fields fertile. This track is magic.

2 Likes

And I have to add that I really like how you managed to add such a variety of dynamics and modulation to your song. I am always struggling in Renoise to make songs sound dynamical (not because it is not possible, but its a bit complicated to do and midi recording sucks in my opinion + I am too lazy to manually edit this all). So extra kudos for that. IMO the dynamics (besides a lot of other details) make your song sound so nice and persistent.

2 Likes

true. that’s been a focus with this one, as it is with most of my “songs”.
there is not much melodic / harmonic content, so at the end of the day, the whole thing lives and breathes from modulation and subtle changes in timbre that induce a more organic / less static impression.

it can get a bit tedious at times, i have to agree. but there are lot of little helpers inside renoise and synths like odin, that feature a random source for modulation. using that in the right spot and with a subtle amount can have an already huge impact on the perceived expression of synthetic instruments. and the best thing about it is, once it is set up in the mod-matrix, the machine will do all the work for ya :slight_smile:

3 Likes