Ketamine

engine, that’s the same as I heared: it’s the dosage that does it! So in a way, it’s the ignorance that kills, not the drug…?

Kazakore, I’m very sorry to hear that :( I hope all will go well!! You don’t sound like you’re defending drug-use, rather keeping it relative. There are a lot of old wives tales about drugs, but as with any story, there’s a basis of truth in them.

some negative aspects to consider:

• it makes you impossible to have a conversation with for anyone not on it
  • moving or standing up becomes difficult
  • the comedown is mental blankness, which is a bit scarey if you value your brain at all
  • it has some properties which lend itself to psychological addictiveness more than say, LSD
  • typically less interesting than mushrooms or LSD unless you’re taking the john lilly approach and injecting yourself with it in an isolation tank to communicate with dolphins(don’t try this at home)
  • can lead to egocentric behaviour, paranoia and a sense that everything revolves around you in a bad way, leading to depression (or communication with dolphins)
  • prevents tracking and can prevent tracking the following day(s) due to cramps in your fingers and/or dolphins stealing your laptop.

of course disassociatives in their various forms have a long history of use so there must be something appealing about it. also several of the points from my list apply to large amounts of alcohol and almost anything done to excess.

someone at my skl tried to be kl with ket. Story got out that he threw up everywhere…

we all neigh at him now… it is funny

In Barcelona we were offered some ketamine, but we slightly refused. I mean… What’s wrong with the regular stuff - beer, wine and weed (and some mushrooms). is there really a urge to take something else? I’ll answer to it by myself - No.

Yeah I think decent drug education should be based around the facts and people’s true experiences. I don’t like scaremongering used in an effort to put people off trying a substance, once they find out one of the things they have always been told is false they may well assume they all are. Let people know the real pros and cons of everything and make up their own minds.

Alcohol still causes more deaths than any other drug no matter which way you want to look at it and this is sanctioned and taxed by the state.

I would say Ketamine is actually very addictive. The fact it has always been reported as not being so (as it’s not really physically addictive until you get to the point you have K Cramps and it’s the only thing that will take them away) and people will not admit it psychologically addictive until it may be too late for them.

Long term kidney and bladder problems and addictiveness are the main points I feel should be emphasised. More research needs to be done on Olney’s Lesions (holes forming in the brain, so I guess similar to Spongiform Encephalitis (most famous for CYD/Mad Cow Desiese)) although there is no direct evidence linking it to Ketamine there is to related substances (PCP) it is still kinda valid if your sole purpose is to put somebody off without lying to them.

The be aware of yourself/be careful/everything in moderation can be said about every mind/mood altering substance. Do your research first, at least first time you try a substance try and do it in a safe environment with a sober “sitter” to be there in case there are any adverse effects.

At the end of the day kid, have fun, BUT be careful and make sure you are informed. Do not rely on the state to do this in any reasonable manner.

hilarious :lol:

after seeing this I don’t feel the urge to try it

Just heard the operation went well so that’s a good start. Let’s hope it’s been a true success this time and she is on the road to recovery and will be out soon.

D.M. Turner - The Essential Psychedelic Guide - Ketamine - The Ultimate Psychedelic Journey
Okay, the man drowned in his bathtub high on K, but he has written some very nice must-read stuff of his extraordinary explorations

And don’t forget Journeys Into The Bright World by Marcia Moore, who died of exposure deep in the woods after going out on a snowy night after a large dose of ketamine (with various theories as to exactly why and what happened.)

Have had it afew times. Never enough to hallucinate or end up in the hole. what I have found is that there isn’t much of a comedown exept for this strange feeling that something crap is happening to the world… like people are getting a bit messed up mentally, or already are… foreboding. Anyway, it’s fun and all but not much to wrie home about, other than being like getting drunk sans the nausea and need to piss. I feel pretty goofy on K, think Iinteract better on LSD or MDMA. In genereal tough I’m fa less atracte to drugs than I used to be. With the exception of alcohol - case in point (spelling)

My ex girlfriend used to go on about how she wanted to do K… about how she felt (without having tried it) that it was the perfect drug. Needless to say, when I stopped doing drugs, all she had to say was “it’s a shame you quit… you never did shrooms!”

epic facepalm

Love: the perfect drug.

good to hear :)

I know this… I had a lot of heroic doses of schrooms and harmine back then - and when I rationally decided to quit even MJ, a lot of so-called friends who used to do recreational drugs turned their backs on me, just because of that… although none of them had ever been where I’ve been.

Just don’t do it, you save your money and keep your health.

Well that’s the big problem, now isn’t it? Having a trip bad enough to make you quit somehow makes YOU mentally unstable. Needless to say, since I’ve quit doing drugs of all sorts, I’ve been fine. My body seems to naturally regulate my state of mind quite well if I’m treating it well.

I never tried it, nor I have any intention to do so.

I have to point out that my baddest trips turned out to be my best ones after time, they showed me that humanity as a whole is mentally unstable in many ways, controversial for the narrows but anyone healthy enough of mind will agree with this. Anyway, in a manner of speaking I feel somehow “better”, nonetheless I drink occasionally and smoke too much, but then again, I live near France. :)

Smoking is bad… except in France

Interesting topic. I’ve dabbled with it several times. The first time was by far the worst. I was young, naive, and did a rather large amount and went straight into a K-hole which wasn’t a nice experience. It didn’t ruin my night however, and following a nice liberty-cap stew, I bounced back and probably had one of the most memorable times of my life. Since then I’ve treated it with a lot of respect. A lot of my friends agree that one’s tolerance can vary greatly from day to day and I now like to try a little bump to see how it goes. After that, I still won’t go for anything big, I like to interact a little more so there’s no point. A few mates have abused it to the point of suffering ailments similar to those mentioned above, and one has gone to prison, others have been made aware by their friends that they’re doing too much. From that knowledge alone I now treat it with a lot of respect, and often turn down a line if I already feel ropey.

Ketaming (another name some of the UK scene has adopted) and charly are quite a frighteningly unusual combination. If you do those mixed together, wait for your brain to have a very strange argument with itself! I dread to think what’s actually happening internally though, and for that reason, I vowed never to go quite that far again.

Kazakore, I’m rooting for your friend, I hope she comes through ok buddy. I’m guessing she probably suffered a lot of pain and discomfort if it’s anything like I’ve heard.

I’m not condoning any of these actions btw, everyone is free to choose, but do it wisely, and know your limits.