Key Focus Eaglize With "alt" Is Very Unhandy

(ah sry “eaglize”=levelling i mean ;) )

it interrupts my workflow every 20 seconds :(
(i work in renoise about 6 hours a day, i’m a professional composer)

i really often change the automation vol bar, i press alt& move the complete line up or downwards, after that the keyfocus is lost :(

please, please please please, with much sugar and candy above, change the override keyfocus (who the hell need the override function???) to strg or shift or skip it complete.

To skip it completely, use either the middle mouse button to set the focus, or disable the “lock focus” option (next to the new view preset button on the upper right of the interface).

To skip it completely, use either the middle mouse button to set the focus,

middle mousebutton is a scrollwheel, its very uncomfortable to click with the wheel

or disable the “lock focus” option (next to the new view preset button on the upper right of the interface).

if i unlock the focus i loose the focus of pattern editor…
i doesnt want to loose the key-focus…

i understand that you want to have all funktions in all editors definable wiht hotkeys, (but i think no every single user will use this feature nor learn all hotkeys), but i (for example) used to be in the patterneditor for about 90% of my editing time, 8% in automation, only the rest of 2% i’m in sample/instrument/disk or mastersection, its absolut unimportand to have remapped all hotkeys for those sections, it destroy the workflow in the main (pattern!) editor. so i also understand its recodet and you want to call it feature closed, ok, but that small thing like loose focus EVEN the hold focus button is selected is very uncomfortable. its hardcoded, that thing with loose focus if i click alt and mousebutton , right ? ;(

No reason to be sarcastic dud ;)

I think taktik did not understand your problem quite…
pvcf’s problem is that the focus will unintentional be set to the automation when he uses alt+mouse operations there (as alt + left click will force focus).
So there is a small conflict there.

yes, thank to clear that out, but taktik also provided me with the hint that instead of left- or rightclick (which steal the focus, even if the focus button is on) i can use middle button (than the focus is still in patterneditor).

so i try to convince him to change that behavior:
-skip those alt-override function, is useless (for me…)
or
-left or right click with alt let the focus in patterneditor (instead of middle click which is currently hardbinded)

ah

No reason to be sarcastic dud

;) i doesnt want to be sarcastic, my middlewheel is really a clickable button, but its really bad as button, (logitech mx series).

( i currently tried out to use the cursor keys in automation to move the points… its really really useless feature, every user is 50 (!) times faster with mouseediting there…)

I use mostly mouse in the automation as well.
But useless? Why?
I especially use things like:
F7 - Ctrl + arrows up/down.
Or, ctrl + left/right and copy/paste end points etc.
Works fast enough for me…

F7 - Ctrl + arrows up/down

f7-ctrl ? wow, you must have big hands. btw, i have fixed my f1-f10 keys to octoaves ;)

@ taktik,

what did you say, is it possible to change the middleclick to left or right click (together with overriding alt WITHOUT overriding ^^ ;) )

You have not seen my fingers btw :ph34r:

On octavos you say… do I smell earlier die hard ft2 user?
You certainly sound like one the way you are complaining here ;)
’ On my #%##ng God, a key changed! my life is over!’
Why waste good keys on octaves I say :)

No seriously… I think there is no way that things will go back the way it was in 1.5.
We must think of upcoming new features as well etc.
So why not come up with some good new suggestions?

And if this is so horrible, why is you the only one complaining?
I felt pretty much the same first couple of days. Then I got over it. And now I think its much better then before. Everyone else that have used it a couple of days og weeks says the same.
I’m not saying there is no room for improvements.
But lets be constructive here. And try find som good solutions.

cheers

But lets be constructive here. And try find som good solutions.

heh, i maybe can learn to move to shiftkey as mentioned in the other thread, but this alt-override thing here is SENSELESS.

You certainly sound like one the way you are complaining here

i complain exact over THREE hardcodes keys which destroy the workflow which i have since 10 years, and i didnt see any better performance with those hardcoded keys.
pls don’t throw with comments like “u will used to be like all other… over…couple…years…” , it doesn’t help. it would help simply let the user decide which keys and features they want. ok, after a couple of times every user will used to all things, but thats not a proof that this is better, its a proof that humans can learn and use all things you can imagine.

How about assigning another mousebutton of your MX by selecting “Other” in the radio list and then select “Middle click” in the dropdown dialog? I have this mouse as well, no excuses! :P
Problem solved.

i use this mouse and his buttons in other programms aswell beside renoise ^^