Keyboard Repeat Doesn't Work Anymore?

Hi,
So I’ve got what looks like a dumb question, but I can’t figure it out. While I’m editing a pattern, I used to be able to hold down a key and it would repeat (ie I could hold down delete and it would skip through the block deleting line by line.) But now it doesn’t. I don’t know what I’ve changed. The only relevant setting I could find is the keyboard repeat rate, but that changes the repeat rate once it gets started and so doesn’t help.

Holding down the key in another program (like thisssssssssssssssssssssssss) works - so this is renoise specific.

v1.9.1 on osx.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris.

Maybe the value of “Editstep” is 0. Check it. :)

http://tutorials.renoise.com/Renoise/PlayerControlPanel

Thanks for the response. I’ve checked though, and my editstep is 1 - besides this problem is for all keys - including the up and down arrows when just jumping around the pattern.

Have you maybe recently installed some applications which might steal Renoise the focus? Some small tools which reside in the menu bar for example.

Yup, that was it. I closed down all my menu things and the problem went away. I can’t recreate the issue anymore but I suspect it’s my last.fm scrobbler thing - it fails in a bunch of other weird ways as well.

Thanks a lot.

Chris.

I had this issue before. Minimizing and then maximizing renoise helps, too.