Kontakt 4: Polyphony Problem While Live-Playing

Hey guys,

I’m encountering a problem that must be my mistake somehow but I haven’t found a way to fix this.

When I live-play a Concert Grand piano in Kontakt 4 I don’t get polyphony. When Renoise plays the song everything sounds perfect.

Some setup info in case it’s useful:

• Windows 7 (64 bit)
  • Renoise 2.7.0
  • Kontakt 4.2.3 (64 bit)

Ideas what I can do to get polyphony while live-playing?

Thanks, guys,
Frank

Okay, hitting the “Chord mode” button in the pattern editor can cast wonders.
Thank you for your attention.

And yes, I feel like an amateur now. :)

Renoise 2.7.2 is out now, with a few minor fixes, so may be worth you downloading.

How are you using 64bit plugs with 32bit Renoise? JBridge?

I wasn’t aware that there are two versions of Renoise, one for 32 and one for 64 bit.
And I cannot find two versions on the site either. I just use Renoise.

There isn’t yet for Windows (or Mac) but I was under the impression you could not use 64bit plugs within a 32bit host without using some kind of adapter/bridge. So my question of how you are using a 64bit plugin within Renoise still stands. Maybe shouldn’t of pointed out it was 32bit Renoise as there is no other option on Windows, was just trying to illustrate that they are different (your host and your plugin.)

Hm, honestly I don’t know about that. I would assume that Renoise either starts in the appropriate mode automatically, or even takes care of 32/64 bit gap issues by itself. Either way, I didn’t install a bridge or anything like that, if that info helps you.