KORG electribe sampler announced

I think its over-priced. Paid 250e for used one with sm-card. Unit was in really good shape and I think I got it on quite good price.

Propably 300e for used unit and ~500e for new machine is ok price.

cheers, cAMEL

Well indeed , it isn’t that obvious from the photo .

But one thing that is for sure is that over the past few years , korg is delivering products that have a verry limited timespan and or poor build quality .
I don’t mean to be rude , if it floats your boat …nice …just saying

I hear ya. I paid full price for the Zero-4 before they were discontinued :smashed:

They even drop from 8 bars per pattern to 4 bars in this new Electribe.

I caught that in the first video also … but if you watch his demo in the second video, it seems like the measure counter is on the right side, middle, four vertical bars, probably an inch tall, but thin … they appeared to be counting two measures each, of four of those ‘runner bars’ = eight measures. Wonder what that’s all about.

Hm… What the heck?

First proper Electribe MPS demo made by SonicState withIan Bradshaw of Korg UK and James Pullen (aka Mista Bishi)

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2014/10/23/video-preview-new-korg-electribe/

if i got that correctly patternplayback have no cutting, but its fx that is cutting when swiched patterns?

Ahhhh i see. There are only four bars, and those middle right vertical bars do appear to represent the four bars, but he runs it at 85 bpm for dnb. I can handle that!

if i got that correctly patternplayback have no cutting, but its fx that is cutting when swiched patterns?

Basically yes, same thing EMX has…basically.

Ahhhh i see. There are only four bars, and those middle right vertical bars do appear to represent the four bars, but he runs it at 85 bpm for dnb. I can handle that!

16 steps x 4 bars = 64 steps

EMX has 16 steps x 8 bars = 128 steps

Settings BPM half to reach 8 bars is not a feature for me…itsawkward workaround to live with.

:smashed:

Basically yes, same thing EMX has…basically.

16 steps x 4 bars = 64 steps

EMX has 16 steps x 8 bars = 128 steps

Settings BPM half to reach 8 bars is not a feature for me…itsawkward workaround to live with.

:smashed:

I hear ya. I wasn’t saying it was equivalent, just that I could live with it. I mean, I think it’s awkward when anyone uses anything other than 64 lines per pattern in Renoise, but they can still do cool things with it :slight_smile:

Talked some with a guy from Thomann yesterday and learned that while they get a few synth versions of the new Electribe in late November, they are all reserved and they don’t expect to be able to deliver one before mid of February (if I pre-ordered one now).

Well, that suddenly left me with “loose” money. :wink: Ended up buying aSchertler Basik contact mic, a Zoom H-6 (loving my Sony PCM-M10, but wanted a multi-track recorder also), and a cheap ribbon mic for experimentation (never owned a ribbon mic, and this one was inexpensive and had good reviews) – and decided to dedicate more time to my kalimbas, the ukes, and sampling. I hope the contact mic works as well with my acoustic instruments as the (few) user reviews indicate. The built-in piezo pickups that some of them have suck. Mixed feelings about the bubblegum looking putty and sticking it on the wood, though.

Anyway, so I won’t get the new Electribe as early as I had expected. Probably a good thing, though, since there will be more information and user feedback available by time I can get my paws on one. I also hope it may cause some people to sell their EMX/ESX, but I kinda doubt that. :slight_smile: