Ladies Using Renoise?

I hope he actually understands i was responding to the definition (with a little irony then) rather than the artist.
At least someone was waiting for that expression or would have made that him or herself :P

as far as i know she is a he.

and for other gurl renoise producers this ones pretty good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcULvDIFGYc

none on the forum tho, just a massive sausage fest here… :guitar:

Perhaps none active… i’m pretty sure a few are lurking here and there…
This goes the same for a few celebrities

Looks like i was the only one not knewing this little detail. Clever marketing though. :D

are you talking about “snail-man” hehe :ph34r:

No man, Paris Hilton uses Renoise and visists this board occasionally under the pseudonym BYTE-Smasher ;)

supersole sometimes visits this forum.

haha, I am away from the forum for a few days and then I find lots of referrals on my blog coming from the forums!

Dear curious people: I am not using reason since almost two years ago when I moved to using Linux exclusively as my main system. The picture there is kind of outdated… I’ll have to update it with my new stuff - I have changed the keyboard, added nice speakers and a guitar, oh and also a keyboard pedal but it will be hard to get it to appear in the picture unless I pick it from below the table and place it just over it, for the picture :)

The reason why there aren’t more songs with renoise there is simple: lack of time (both for finishing the songs and for uploading them). I have many unfinished songs in my hard drive :( And I am still getting to grips with Renoise too. Bear in mind that I was a long time Impulse Tracker user (and Scream Tracker before that), so I have to re-learn all the keyboard shortcuts that I knew so well before. Oh if I was a student again… :)

Thanks for the attention – although I am strongly opposed to the idea of categorising people by sex when it regards to music, or any other skill which doesn’t require the performer to have certain physical attributes.

Keep trackin’!! :yeah:

I saw a woman once (I’m pretty sure). Wasn’t able to confirm its DAW preference though.

What is wrong with you guys? Why does it matter?

Yes! They do exist. And the so called “female music” has really interesting nuances into it which makes it worthy to find. Female producers often get too much attention because of that. But then again, why not, attention is good for any producer. :D

@Suva: Now it’s me that is curious. What are those nuances?

@Bantai: I am growing to appreciate way more Renoise than IT. Sample edition is superb! It’s only me… I don’t get to practise with Renoise as much as I did with IT :D
It’s a question of time. What I also appreciate in Renoise vs Reason is that I can press alt+enter and forget about everything else (unlike with schism tracker)! it’s like old school tracking again :) No background, no desktop icons, no taskbar, no gnome menu…

By the way, I also discovered very recently (past week) that “She” was indeed a “He”. I was slightly disappointed to be honest. For 4 years I thought the opposite. That makes ladies_count–;

Not nice.

But I still hope that one day ladies_count == lads_count and this thread will be totally ridiculous. The same that a thread with titles like

• Blondes using Renoise?
  • Tall people using Renoise?
  • Fat people using Renoise?
  • Short sighted people using Renoise? (actually this might have a point… tracking and short sight seem slightly incompatible :P )

But I thought all computer nerds have really big glasses from this condition!
Maybe I’m the only one, then.

Also, here’s She’s bio on Last.fm (not necessarily an authoritative source) if anyone is still in doubt. And a movie s/he composed for.

@supersole, maybe finding those things in the music is bit of wishful thinking too. But I think it’s bit similar to the fact that most people can instantlly recognize drawings made by non-professional female artists, it gets harder when the artist is more skilled, but many people can still recognize it. Same goes for music.

Unfortunately there are really few female producers, and about 90% of the female producers are definitely not typical women either.

@Diptera She (Laine) also visits this forum. And yes, She is he. :)

@supersole, actually I was kinda disappointed as well when I realized She’s a he. Can’t really put my finger on why… probably just the novelty factor.

@Suva, you probably have a point there. When it comes to drawing I find it’s more the subject matter rather than technique that makes me wonder if it’s a female artist, not sure if that applies to music though. :confused:

I double this. I knew 4 women who are making tunes and rocking in clubs as djs.
They good, but on the other side they lost bit for bit they nature. I think it goes not together well.

As a fanbwoi of She, I never cared about gender. When I read She was a he, I shrugged and listened to Gum again.

By the way, anyone familiar with Meekins? She used ModPlug Tracker to make very curious candystore house music.

I think these kind of opinions are what really matters in the music world and it should not make music slightly better because it has been made by a woman or a man.
I can understand lots of guys getting a hard one when hearing Katy Perry singing “I kissed a girl”, but this is not what makes a female song distinguishable. (not to mention the producer was a man who knows what men like and did the smart math in financial matters).
I don’t care who made what if it is posted in the song forum… i’m damn honest when i consider something not worthwhile listening or i consider something really good.
I learned that i should emphasize what i consider great and help out in giving suggestions for improvement on what i dislike, it does not matter if the artist is male or female.

That “she” girl sure likes compression.

@moss: LOL