Lfo -> Hydra/lfo Oddity?

I’ve searched and checked the manual to see if this is expected behaviour, but I did not find anything.

Scene 1 -

Setup
| Square or Random LFO 1 routed to reset LFO 2
| LFO 2 set to custom so you can see what’s happening

Result
| LFO 2 resets and stays in positon. It does not run after the reset

Scene 2 -

Setup
| Square or Random LFO 1 routed to Hydra input
| Hydra output 1 routed to reset LFO 2
| LFO 2 set to custom so you can see what’s happening

Result
| LFO 2 resets then runs starting at the new position.

=========================================

It seems fairly apparent that the directly routed LFO is constantly setting the reset to the LFO’s signal value. I would think this is expected behaviour.

When you run through hydra, the signal seems to be sent once per change. Hydra sets the reset point constantly ‘as expected’ when using since/sawtooth or a custom waveform that is non-static. Any custom wave form that maintains a constant value will reset->run in hydra. Without hydra it will reset and stay.

The output from the LFO is constant.

The output from the Hydra only updates when it detects a change to its input parameter.

So routing LFO > Hydra > LFO can be a bit strange in these cases where your first LFO has a shape that doesn’t output a unique value on every tick.

If you don’t want the second LFO to run inbetween Hydra changes, then you can simply set its Frequency to the lowest possible value which will in effect pause it.

(And this is all expected behaviour, btw)

I see, thanks for the reply.

If I didn’t miss anything and it’s not mentioned in the manual, could a small mention that hydra updates on input change be added?