LFO reset in doofer

Once you place an LFO inside a doofer, it seems quite difficult resetting it in a controlled manner.

The macro knob seems to only react to value changes. Maybe a special case could be made for macros assigned to reset buttons, so that these triggers (like 2100 on a macro) won’t slip by? Or maybe this behavior with macros could be removed altogether?

Dang… I wanted to keep my columns at a minimum, but thanks for the workaround!

This need to be easier :slight_smile: Maybe Doofers needs buttons, too.

+1 +1

Oh yes, also any type of reset should be a single point in the drawable automation. Using pattern commands here is ugly. And yes, buttons, knobs and bipolar knobs for doofers, with the definable valuebox range. And 16 slots, also in instruments.

Actually I think doofers should have some additional “pass thru automation” slots without any handle at all, but selectable.

Oh nice, always used two lines, which is annoying.

Actually, why not?

Doofers and instr. control could expose each of the child parameters in a tree like view in every parent meta device.

The knobs actually should be only used for real macro control,e.g. multiple movements at once, or exposing parameters in the renoise/redux instrument.

Did manage to get two formula devices in a doofer to do this with no pattern commands. This doofer simply resets a LFO for a filter at line one of pattern:

DOOFER: LFO Reset Line One.xrdp

I’m not too familiar with formula device so maybe there is a better way to do it more precisely with one of the ‘SAMPLES’ variables, or with just one device? When trying with just one though, the reset button just kept firing whatever the output value was, thus the first formula device added to switch the second on and off quickly; you wont actually see it switch on and off due to speed of it.

Formula dev 1 switches formula device 2 on and off at line 1 using LINEF.

function example()
  --formula 2 on
  if LINEF == 0 then 
   return 1
  end
  --formula 2 off
  return 0
end

Formula dev 2 simply returns 1 to reset the LFO. Firing when it gets switched on briefly by F1

function example()
  return 1
end