Linux: Error Message: Failed to send the file ... to the Recycle Bin

Hi, I’m using Renoise 3.0.1 64 bit on Debian Linux and I get following error when trying to delete a file from the “Open a new Song” dialog:

Renoise LOG> Error Message: Failed to send the file '/home/vitaminx/projects/music/ambient schnambient/looool.xrns' to the Recycle Bin (unknown error).

I can’t delete any DSP presets either, possibly for the same reason.

What am I (or Renoise) doing wrong?

Thanks to strace I found out what happened:

stat("/home/vitaminx/.Trash/", 0x7fff8eb2b430) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/home/vitaminx/.local/share/Trash/", 0x7fff8eb2b430) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Renoise expects a Trash folder at one or the other location, but doesn’t dare to create it if it’s missing :slight_smile:

My suggestion is either to:

• catch it and make the error message meaningful, e.g.:
Renoise LOG> Error Message: Failed to send the file '/home/vitaminx/projects/music/ambient schnambient/looool.xrns' to the Recycle Bin (unable to open folder "~/.Trash" or "~/.local/share/Trash").
  • or just create the folder if it isn’t there

Thanks,

vitaminx

Got the same error again now - with Renoise v3.2.2, although “~/.Trash” and “~/.local/share/Trash” exist on my system.

Seems that the behaviour changed somewhat, not sure if for the better :roll_eyes:

stat("/usr/bin/gio", 0x7ffdc3510410) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Now Renoise looks for a command called “gio”, which is part of the Debian package “libglib2.0-bin”.
Installing the missing package fixes it.

Still, there’s no way to know what’s wrong just by reading the Renoise error message.