Linux Version Requirements

I’d be much more likely to consider renewing my license if there was a 64bit version for Linux. :) I’m currently struggling with 2.0.1 in Ubuntu 10.04 in that I can’t get it to output any audio whatsoever, from Alsa or Jack. It connects to Jack, it increases the DSP load, but it doesn’t make a peep. If I shut down Jack and pulseaudio and everything and use Alsa it does the same thing, no sound, but no errors. Very annoying. I’m sure it’s probably just some sort of 32bit/64bit/linux being a general bitch snafu… I have the ia32-libs package installed, and audio works through other apps just fine. but anyone have renoise working on 10.04 AMD64 (preempt kernel… now that I think about it maybe that’s my problem…?) (and no I don’t have anything muted ;)

I’m using Linux Mint 8 64-bit (based on Ubuntu 9.10) on an x86-64 architecture and didn’t have any problem once I have installed liba32 package. I am using standard kernel.

you should post on the help&support section about this

I’d also like to see a 64bit version. Using 32bit jack is the only way right now and it sucks having to track down 32bit versions versions of any other audio app I want to connect. Love your work, It-Alien, but no 64bit for linux is limiting, I haven’t ever been able to use the line in device for example.

+1 for Renoise 64 bit.

Im building a new computer and Id like to put as much ram as possible in (especially now that Renoise is the best replacement for a sampler for me).

A 16gb sampler? Yes please :D

Renoise already has 64 bit linux version. :unsure:

I also wanted to congrat you guys on your work on the Linux version.

I would even go further and say that Renoise is the best music software for Linux, period.

system: some old laptop ibm x30 (only sse) ubuntu-studio 14.04

just tried to run renoise 3.1 and just have this cryptic message and nothing more in terminal:

“Illegal instruction” (there is not even a 3.1.0 folder with log)

is there some new ‘hidden requirement’ ?

i need to mention that 3.0.1 is running just fine

Renoise 3.1 needsa CPU with the SSE2 instruction set. Previous Renoise versions only needed SSE1.

I also wanted to congrat you guys on your work on the Linux version.

I would even go further and say that Renoise is the best music software for Linux, period.

also dont forget about Bitwig.