List of freeware and commercial Linux VST(i)

Added Audulus and Acid Box.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

AddedZynAddSubFX.

AddedMonique and B-Step Sequencerof Monoplugs.

Added links to other lists of VST plugins for Linux.

Some of my plugins are crashing under Linux (KXStudio 14.04) and renoise. This happens very often when I load a plugin while renoise is running. amsynth for instance crashes quite often while zynaddsubfx and all U-he plugins are working. Crashing means that the sound goes off and the meter on my interface (Zoom R8) goes to the maximum (although the sound is off). After closing renoise the meter goes back to zero and itā€™s working again after restarting renoiseā€¦ Not a big issue but I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this.

Ahā€¦ and tunefish4 causes a lot of xruns ā€¦

Are there any nice psytrance/darkpsy presets available for these listed VSTiā€™s?

Pianoteq has a native Linux vst version. It is an awesome piano synth which uses physics modelling of some sort. There is a free playable demo vst to download but the full versions are pretty expensive. I havenā€™t been able to justify spending the money, thoā€™ I want it!

Organteq, also from Modart, I havenā€™t tried. It is also non-free. Native Linux vst.

https://www.modartt.com/home

1 Like

yup, pianoteq is serious instrument. 129 for stage version is not so expensive But organteq is 300 as i recallā€¦

Should be noted that Helm no longer works since the recent string of Renoise updates, at least on my system, and Monoplugs seems to have been abandoned although still work (I used to be a beta tester but the Dev has disappeared).

Edit: just got a new computer and Helm works so maybe it was an NVIDIA issue?

1 Like

Also surge https://surge-synthesizer.github.io is very cool.

1 Like

Well, Vital synth since a about a week is released

Check it out! itā€™s amazing.
You can download it for free or you can decide to support the author in various ways.
Enjoy!

1 Like

and it fires up in Renoise :))))))
so is it VST2 ?

Yes, VST2 and VST3

2 Likes

I am getting fatal error with this synth but man its a beast

No problem in Manjaro.
standalone, vst2 in Renoise and vst3 in Reaper working without any prob.
any logs ?

There is no crash log at Windows: %appdata%\Renoise only this log file

Log.txt (217.1 KB)

Also CPU wise :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep but the sound is amazing.I did not like the Helm plugin because of the harsh sound but this is something truly different

HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION BATMAN

This list is fantastic :+1: so thank you all for chipping in.

Does anyone know of any half-decent ā€˜analogue warmthā€™ type VSTs for Linux? I think I got some decent results with Interstage and Channel9 last night but not had a chance to compare with actual warm analogue material.

All I use for mixing is Renoise native, Airwindows and GVST so not tried much thatā€™s available.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Dan,

I think the best ā€œanalogueā€ style synths you can get for Linux are the ones from u-he, Diva is probably the most famous one, but Repro, ACE and Bazille are also pretty nice. There are also a couple of free synths on their website, which are all very good too.

2 Likes

Thanks Vitaminx Iā€™ll be sure to check them out, cheers.

This looks like it could add a ton of ā€˜Warmthā€™ by placing all or part of your production
into a particular ā€˜Spaceā€™:

https://flos-audio-plugins.eu/

Although the right impulse response loaded into the native ā€˜Convolverā€™ may do the trick.

1 Like