Looking for a versatile hardware synth

Dammit I had this huge thing typed up and I accidentally hit some keyboard shortcut that I didn’t even know existed and closed my browser. I don’t even know what I pressed, and now I feel like an old man.

ANYWAYS. After saving up a while until I could afford it comfortably, I finally got a JD-XI, and it’s pretty amazing. I highly recommend. If you’re considering, here’s the cons:

1. No way to mute direct output (as far as I can tell). If you’re using it as an audio interface, you can’t monitor through DAW effects. Or rather, you can, and you’ll hear it, but you’ll also here the dry signal sitting on top of it being sent directly to your speakers.

2. A lot of the functionality is tied up in the menu. This does enable it to be more compact, so it’s not a total bad thing, but it is kind of a pain to program certain things. If it had a little bit bigger display, or if you could edit via software on your computer, it would help alot. Who knows, maybe an editor is coming eventually.

3. Some people really despise microkeys. I really don’t mind them. They took a little getting used to and feel cramped at first, but it didn’t take long to adjust, and now giant block chords are really easy. But if you hate microkeys, it’s a con.

Other than that it’s pretty freaking amazing. Tons of drum sounds, really good presets for all kinds of sounds, awesome pads. This thing is a blast to play. Oh did I mention you can plug a guitar in and use it to play a monosynth?

I want this so badly, SO BADLY. BUT I HAVE TO GET A DECENT JOB, so. much. live. potential. FFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Oh I’m assuming you’re on linux - but ctrl+q Closes everything, I got sick of that quick - so I downloaded that prevent ctrl+q plugin.