Looking For Some Good, Fat Subbass

My pleasureeeee!!! :walkman: :walkman: :walkman:

wait a min…u r same guy asking about bass bombs in metal…could u pls tell me what metal song(s) uses this?? cuuuuuuurioussssssssssss!!! thx!! :)

a neverending story :D but that´s why i love music production !

HAAAA!!! Ain’t that the truth!!! It never stops!!! The story of my life! :lol:

…and yes, that too is why i love music production as well :walkman:

Three, two octave shots of bass. Sine, Triangle, and Square(ish) from a DotCom.

MrPoppetBass2Oct.zip

If you want hardware:
I have used store demos of the Korg, never owned. I does not seem very well built, but the sound is ok. I do If you want something a bit more solid, I owned an Ion for years and that held up to its share of abuse. Based on that experience, I would consider the Micron as an alternative.

Itchi Subsonic free VST ;)

Subbass is quite simple to achieve as stated above but I really advice you not to buy a microkorg if you’re going hardware, I’d simply use software for this.
I’ve tested a microkorg and the sound is fine it’s just not very convenient programming and editing, also filter automation is not quite easy. The thing is you can get a lot better synths for the price of the Korg.
If you want to use hardware you better get like a Moog MG-1 or a Novation X station (goes really deep with the subs, also for square subs in combination with the filtering.) If you by any chance have a decent analog mixer sometimes the EQ is also very useful for adding some low frequency. (while using hardware that is)

Thanks for the DotCom samples, Psyche Poppet!

You’re welcome. I have more samples posted in various blogs that I recommend. They aren’t hard to find and there’s different equipment too.

A good place to start is here: X

Look at my post on the subject. Plenty of songs. Pretty much ALL deathcore bands lol. A good deathcore breakdown will have a good bass bomb.

Ah cheers m8…was very curious…will check them out! :walkman:

http://rhythm-lab.com/sub-basses-pack
;)

Whilst much of the info/links in this thread can be useful in their own right, I believe it can steer many a newcomer off track…it is the craziest idea to believe you need so much equipment or vsts to do basic things!! SERIOUSLY just put the renoise chip .xrni at the right volume in context of the track and layer accordingly of course…I am sorry but the idea of using a vst for a sub is just beyond superflous!

I rattle subwoofers regularly with the built-in .xrni!

I have included my original response for those who missed it…

edit: if ppl are wondering where this semi-rant is coming from, the poster tryed out my suggestions and realised this was the way forward quite some time ago…sometimes i feel as if ppl don’t read through the threads completely b4 posting a response to see if they are actually being helpful or not!

The answer to where to find Good, Fat, Sub-bass is Renoise, case closed!

This is something that should be embraced as there are many things that we do have to look elsewhere for! :walkman:

coger mina
ñ

JAJA!!! Gracias!!! :)

i know im beating a dead horse here, but get TAL tube (free vst/au plug) and put it on a channel. drop the sine wave sample that comes with renoise on the channel as an instrument, E1-A1 or so = badass sub bass. i use that in all my tunes and every producer i know asks me how i get my sub so large :)

wow, you just gave away the secret to your sub-bass sound? damn, you must be one confident man :)

haha yeah! well most people that i know don’t read this forum anyway, and even though I’ve been pushing renoise on them for ages, they’re too intimidated to take the plunge! might as well have the info out there! plus - i record a lot of my own samples, so it’s not like they’re gonna get my sound by just having my sub bass :P