marketing Renoise

I think you should start selling Renoise thru www.maz-sound.de.

Because on that page it is a short note on Renoise, but alot on madtracker which is far from as good as Renoise…

I almost missed Renoise because of that…And I think that alot of people misses Renoise, and buys madtracker instead because of that page…

Give the guy behing maz-sound a copy of a free Renoise for the rest of his life. And also start selling thru him…

Another thing I think you should do is to make a link exchange with united trackers, so that they put up your banner…

mm good idea. A lot of people visit maz sound, and what tracker do they see??? Madtracker . If renoise would also be on the website they have two options!!!

JR B)

Maz sound is really rarely updated. There is still a Renoise 1.1 download in the trackers page :) Also I dont think that its that big and popular as it used to be …

MAZ-sound is quite a silly site and have to disappear from your bookmarks rapidly <_<

well, it was great in the early days of internet boom, but now such a site should require a personal editor to let software authors update their places, at least with latest versions, without having to wait for MAZ to wake up.

they also have focused that site on VSampler’s reselling, together with every other programs sold at mazshop (with a % for MAZ, I suppose).

every MAZ-sound.de user should now have understood that nothing new is going to be seen there, so they could just use it as a reference for software homepages, if they aren’t smart enough to use google :D

Thats what I did, and do…

As for marketing i found Renoise’s “appearance” at The Gathering 2003 to be utterly feeble. Me and a friend, who has tight connections with the people running that whole shebang, offered to officially represent renoise, with on stage demonstrations and renoise specific compos. However, we were told that Renoise would already be represented, and that our efforts werent necessary. What happened was that Renoise had a tiny banner on the consistently buggy party website, which was usually not even there as the banner timeslot was extremely small. In addition, there was NO information available on Renoise. Licenses were given to compo winners who had no idea what the hell they were being given, and Madtracker was STILL the preferred windows tracker with party attendees after the party. I guarantee you, with proper promotional effort, this would not have been the case.

You have passionate people as customers, next time you get offered help for free i recommend you actually take the people up on the offer.