Maybe Linux Users Will Appreciate This

I highly doubt that. Maybe it feels that way because the controls are different. Obviously they sound a bit different but it’s like having 50 bicycles because the frames are not exactly the same.

I had this bug on every architecture and dist i ve tried in last month (Debian, ubuntu, opensuse, fedora…). i am very curious how this thing sound. My laptop is amd phantom x2 and graphic card is ati radeon mobile 5250, using opensource driver now and debian wheezy 32 bit pae kernel.

Btw tunefish has great dynamic waveshaping, big modulation possibilities, nice sharp sound and fine internal effects.

Noisemaker has good filters(windows version is little better in this). Nice approach to the envelopes and sounds good. Its basic layout is very good for basic but strong basses and leads but not only.

And obxd can create classic oberheim wide sounds and is very unique. My favourite one but absolutely not so flexible like tunefish for example.

Its fine that every synth inspires to different sounds. I dont like sound of amsynth, whysynth, asynth or qsynth very much. Sounds boring to me maybe because boring interface. Different feelings i have with zynsub. It has horrible gui but it sounds great. Even hexter sounds good, nostalgic. The other ones are loomer and discovery. Great synths but cost money :)

If you have idea of the sound in your head before you hit a key you need less synths that somebody who wanna be inspired by their design and functions i guess. Somebody thinks about destination somebody about the bike he will ride.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or conversely did anyone get to run the plug-in?

If you follow that line of thinking then it begs the question of why you are porting another one that does the same thing?

You mean if I start renoise from the terminal? I don’t see anything about the plugin at all, nothing on startup and nothing when I scan for plugins. It just seems like it does exist there. No messages in qtractor about it either.

I think that your distro may be using an old version of libc (2.13) or something. Can you tell me what ldd --version says?

ldd (GNU libc) 2.19

So not the case then… I don’t get it, it should at least try to instantiate it and there should be a message about it in the console output.

Yeah, when i had got old gnu, i was informed about it.

This looks really nice! Im going to test it tomorrow.