Med Soundstudio V2 Released

guys, don’t worry about being rude as far as the MedV2 guys are concerned, they are the biggest jerks on the planet… they’ve done a lot of sneaky, dishonest things in the past so they always get what’s coming…

it took them TEN YEARS to release this “V2” that is EXACTLY like the first one- this time it apparently supports VST but I couldn’t even get it working, lol… it is a serious peice of trash and I’d be surprised if they can sell 7 copies of it… a decade to release a duplicate version of the first. What a sad decline this peice of software has suffered since this old guy and his family took over… it’s nothing but old news and is now extinct… the original writer (Teijo) has been totaslly dishonored on this whole thing.

You guys want to know what I mean when I say they’re jerks?

Read what they have written on their Amiga section for everyone to see.

This is an actual cut/paste of the ‘news’ section on their amiga site:

[b]Well, I’m sorry to say that after years of waiting to hear from Gerd Frank
of AmiAtlas fame who was supposed to be working on the new V2
I have heard absolutely nothing!!

There has been a Sudden response to my statement above - read on…

Although I suppose I can be blamed for expecting Gerd at some point over the last few years to contact me with news that he has actually completed that new version, apparently he blames my lack of communication for the non-appearance of his new version!
I really am not sure how my continually emailing him to ask when the new Amiga version is going to be completed would have helped him actually complete it, but there you go.

Sad to say I received this from him today:

Seeing your statement at the website and all the messages from users at various web forums without informing me before in any form (email, postal letter or even phone call) I must say to be quite a bit kind of pissed off right now!

Without commenting the whole story because its really not worth it anymore the best solution for all of us would be for sure your written termination of the contract.

Please write to Andreas and my postal address within the next 10 days!

(Why the sudden urgency to get a letter to him within ten days I don’t know)

So obviously, going by his elequent use of language, I am completely to blame for his inabilty to finish the program because of my failure to email him. ???.

Well, it looks like the possibilty of a new Amiga version “is” now dead.

So, (sorry to be forced to say this because I too will allways be an Amiga fan), you are stuck with previous Amiga versions or why not do yourself a favour and get yourself a PC/Windows setup and enjoy the VSTi/ASIO facilities that the new MED Soundstudio v2 for windows offers.

(I will say this once more)

If you are a dedicated programmer who would like to have the chance to
actually get on and program a v2 for the Amiga, (and complete it by no later than the end of 09 - not four years or more), let me know

(Simply join the mailing list detailed below and make a post giving your details - no one wlse will see it)

If no one comes forward to program a new v2 for the Amiga by February 09
I will close this Amiga section and legally withdraw the freeware v1.03c[/b]

real professional, eh? :) This is on their website that they want people to send them money and pay for the program, lol… nice use of language there… irrelevance at its finest here…

can you guys believe this? They blame all the people that came and went for not programming the V2 on time… not once have they taken responsibility… it’s always the programmer’s fault… (who they don’t even pay, lol)…

now with the amiga version, they threaten to discontinue it if no one steps up to program it for free…

I just don’t understand how some people’s minds operate…

anyways, this has become a sad joke…

Thank god Renoise came on the scene and wiped out Med… there really is nothing like it out there today. I’m still using it years later.

Everything else aside, I’ve always liked MED a lot.

I like to change my setup every few weeks to keep things fresh - really easy to get stuck in a rut and start doing the same things over and over when you’re writing in a static environment. Certainly never seen the logic of treating a sequencer like a football team. You go over to a sequencer like Buzz for a bit, and you do completely different things with it.

I’ve always liked the simplicity of MED, and I’d have to test this properly to know for sure, but I’ve always felt the quality of MED’s sample playback was particularly nice… Might just be the interface, but something about it definetly helps me keep things clean and uncluttered…

I’m amazed it was actually released. Totally amazed. I figured he’d have a carrot on a stick for another 5 years, but wow, he actually came through this time. Took him 10 years, but he did it.

I haven’t downloaded the trial yet, don’t know if I will. Sad they can’t even put a screenshot up.

Still though, after 10 years of broken promises, he actually came through.

Well, I couldn’t help it. I got the trial version–they pretty much fixed all the bugs I had dealt with in previous versions. The ASIO support actually makes creating a song with it intuitive again like it was back on the Amiga because it features the Play Notes When Scrolling option.

The good thing about this new version of Med coming out is that I may finally actually be able to restore a lot of old Med songs again, since this version doesn’t seem to have the pauses and ridiculous slowdowns of previous versions.

Don’t worry, I’m not “switching to Med” because it still has WAY too many limitations and I’d rather not support someone who lied to people for 9 years. My brother on the other hand may purchase it because he doesn’t know how, or rather, REFUSES to make a song without the Play Notes While Scrolling option–I’ve tried to get him to use Renoise since 2004 with no luck whatsoever.

RBF truly has surprised me with this version. It may be outdated in its interface, and their website may look like 1997, but they actually did fix the problems they promised they’d fix–I figured they’d just add an equalizer and even more help balloons or some useless crap.

If there was a new AmigaOS version of it, we would be talking.
I don’t need a PC version of it.

I feel i have make a comment here…

The Med page is freaking hillarious :)

Indeed I miss this feature in Renoise

tell him to hit enter/return.

The enter key is not really the same.

For one, it doesn’t work when scrolling backwards.

Second, when you enter a note, there’s no way to hear the other notes playing on that line at the same time without going through a procedure that makes one lose their place in entering the notes in accordance to the rhythm patterns one is trying to create.

I’ve been willing to put up with not being able to enter a song in that way, but my brother isn’t.

i use med on amiga only (different versions) and the sound is amazing :D
but anyway, sucks ass that they treat people like that…
renoise did not wipe out med, it PWND it in a harsh way :D

Agreed, Renoise totally pwns Med.

It took 10 years to release version 2- and it is literally identical to the first one, except for the addition of VSTs which don’t work properly anyways.

Same look, same buttons, same gadgets, same functions, same bugs.

Anyone who buys it is flushing thier $$$ right down the toilet.

I guess that’s what you get for having programmers develop a program and not even paying them to do it!

Can someone figure that out for me? How do you develop a program for free, and then sell it?

What programmer says they’ll do it for free, even though the software is intended for sale?

Does anyone go to work 9-5 for free???

No wonder this took 10 years, they couldn’t find a chump programmer quick enough

Well, it is an opinion you have the right to have, but i think that you won’t generate any improvements on MED while ventilating these opinions here.
Perhaps it is a good idea to focus upon what does work and forget about what does not work.
That MED does not offer what you desire does not mean it is up to you to state whether Ray deserves his share or not. Let this be the opinion of many people instead of one and only many people have an influence if they all direct their suggestions and complaints to the developer himself.
Actually, if nobody has any other positive thing to add, i would like to close this topic just because everything that could have been said in a negative sense, has been posted.

you’re right, and good post.

Let this be the last post:

Many users have tried to voice reasonable complaints, but Ray backlashes and berates, insults and belittles anyone who has even the smallest suggestion or complaint.

He will also take your personal email that you sent to him, change its contents and add in things you did not say, then re-post it to his public forum and attempt to slander you by claiming you said a number of ‘nasty things’ which you never e-mailed to him in the first place. I know this seems absurd and far-detched, but believe me, he’s done this on a number of occassions to me and still does it.

Just imagine- you posting a message here on the forums, then the moderator changes what you said to make you look bad and the public thinks you said all this when in reality it was the moderator who inserted all the bad stuff into your post. Yes, ray does this to this day.

No wonder the whole octamed thing collapsed and is now dead.

Oh well. Rant over. I just wanted to let the public know about it and to not purchase anything from them. It’ll save you all a hassle you don’t need. Thanks. Topic over.