MIDI Footcontroller for Live Guitar Multi FX

I’m trying to use Renoise for live performance with guitar and I want to create the same functionality as a multi fx pedal or amp with multiple channels:

1. Be able to switch back and forth between presets(doofers, essentially?) - OR - have 4 doofers that can be switched with 4 footswitches
  2. Have an expression pedal doofer macro, and have this one MIDI CC be able to change to control the new doofer macro when switching

I have the Line 6 FBV Express MKII.

It has 4 footswitches that send a value of 127 on 2 different MIDI CC’s when toggled on/off. I’m wondering if there’s any way to implement this switching behavior within Renoise or if there’s a third party app that I could use for processing the MIDI before it gets to Renoise. I imagine point 2 would need the footpedal to switch CC # for different patches as I haven’t found a way to change MIDI CC mappings to parameters on the fly.

So far, all I’ve been able to figure out is how to use the footpedal on one parameter, and I haven’t found a way to use the switches as they only send one value.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be much appreciated.

I made some progress:

I found that there’s an application for the pedal to set and save configurations for what it’s sending, whether it’s Bank Change, Program Change, MIDI CC, MMC, or “Mackie”.

https://imgur.com/a/7TJxJmz

My first step: Toggling Between 2 Effect Chains on Send Tracks

I made it so that a footswitch could toggle between 0 and 127 on a MIDI CC assigned to a Hydra input. I used the Hydra to toggle activate/bypass on sends. So at this stage, I can toggle sending a signal between 2 separate device chains.

Next step: Toggling between 4 Effect Chains on Send Tracks (as the pedal does with a Line 6 Amp)

I set up 4 hydras that will toggle between activating/bypassing sends to 4 send tracks. I couldn’t get the MIDI CC’s assigned to Hydra inputs to update the send toggles, so I had to use a bit of a hack.

I assigned 4 LFO’s with one shot to the Hydra inputs, and assigned the footswitches(sending single value of 127 on MIDI CC’s) to the LFO resets. Now I can toggle between N device chains on N send tracks. I’m pretty happy with this, but I’d like to see how far I can take it…

Next step: Switch Between Send Tracks By Incrementing/Decrementing (as a Multi FX pedal switches patches)

I realized I can just assign a MIDI CC to the Send Receiver. This isn’t mapping as I expected, however. I checked with a Hydra and the min-max range of the Receiver parameter is [0-255] (inclusive). If I set it to [0-127] (the MIDI CC sends values 7 bit values [0-127]) I get a mapping like this:

https://imgur.com/C20jffs

CC Percent Track

0 0 1

1 0.787 1

2 1.575 2

3 2.362 4

4 3.15 4

5 3.937 6

6 4.724 7

7 5.512 8

8 6.299 8

9 7.087 9

10 7.874 11

11 8.661 12

12 9.449 13

13 10.236 13

14 11.024 15

with CC going to 127, Percent going to 100, and track going to 128.

I don’t understand this mapping. Can someone explain it? I’m not seeing it in the manual.