Midi-ox

Solved my midi-problems… I recommend this to anyone who is just beginning the use of midi (and others too, lots of useful features).

Umm what is it? What does it do? Link?

http://www.midiox.com/

It displays all incoming and outgoing midi messages, great for diagnostics. Also many other features. Heres the description:

MIDI-OX is a Windows 9x / Windows NT program. It is a 32 bit program which will not operate under earlier versions of Windows. MIDI-OX 32 is a multi-purpose tool: it is both a diagnostic tool and a System Exclusive librarian. It can perform filtering and mapping of MIDI data streams. It displays incoming MIDI streams, and passes the data to a MIDI output driver or the MIDI Mapper.

I could recommend it as well.
You can dump your configurations of your synth via sysex if you work with external gear as such a possibility does not exist in Renoise (yet). I hope this feature will be soon implemented, but I guess it is not priority 1. ;)

Btw., if I use MidiOx and Renoise simultaniously, Renoise crashes (Windows crashes complete and makes a restart without warning before).
So I have to use it divorced.