`midierror meets.....' podcast

(The Empty Self) #9

im subscribed to this thread now !!

i really like this types of podcast to listen in my free time …

im following the ones that producer Matt Lange is doing called Tap Tempo

(GUEST:::El°HYM) #10

Indeed, some interesting stuff here!

(midi error) #11

Episode 6 speaking to Steve Grimley-Taylor of Thonk, Brighton Modular Meet, Hand on The Plough Records and more!

Thonk: www.thonk.co.uk/
Brighton Modular Meet: brightonmodularmeet.co.uk/

Show Notes:
Spymania: www.spymania.com/
Supercollider: supercollider.github.io/
Steves release on Planet Mu: planet.mu/releases/various-artists-mealtime/
Mario Paint Album: www.discogs.com/Various-The-Elect…nt/release/162251
The Turing Machine: www.thonk.co.uk/shop/turingmkii/
Look Mum No Computer: www.youtube.com/channel/UCafxR2HWJRmMfSdyZXvZMTw
EBCIDIC: @ebcidic
DX7 Programming Tape: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcGfASGwskM
Infinite Drum Machine: experiments.withgoogle.com/ai/drum-machine

(midi error) #12

Episode 7, with Mr Tim Exile - a musician, producer, performer and software developer based in London. Tim uses his own software to perform live improvised music, as well as releasing cutting edge synths and audio effects instruments.

Do I need to tell you who Tim Exile is?!?!?

(Conner_Bw) #13

Do I need to tell you who Tim Exile is?!?!?

I’m sad he feels he never made it as a D&B artist. That’s how I know him. Feels a bit like Amon Tobin’s story where I’m like “Dude,Bricolage!!!” and then I look him up and he’s in Doubleclick writing the themes for Orphan Black and Splinter Cell which he’s way more successful for and I have no idea what’s going on. I guess it’s sad for me and not the artist.

PS: Do Amon Tobin next. :slight_smile:

(midi error) #14

Yeah he was pretty candid, I was surprised to hear how pushy he says he is!

The bad diet track is also a killer

(The Empty Self) #15

Midi Error if you make a podcast with Amon Tobin as Conner_BW sugested that would be the best thing ever :slight_smile:

(midi error) #16

Yeah…okay maybe series 8?

(midi error) #17

Episode 8 of the podcast is now live, speaking to Hannah Dunster of Soundcastle, a company which works within the community to build confidence, friendships and bonds using music.

I wholeheartedly recommend getting involved in community music wherever you are!

midierror

(midi error) #18

Next up, its Ade Fenton - who’s produced the last 4 albums with Gary Numan, as well as being a renowned Techno DJ and Producer.

(midi error) #19

Episode 10 with Phil Nelson who’s managed The Levellers, The Long Pigs, Aqualung, Duke Spirit Sweet Billy Pilgrim and more. He co-founded Brighton’s Great Escape festival which hosts over 500 bands across more than 30 venues in the city, and has worked extensively on projects to create a sustainable eco system of music within a city.

(midi error) #20

Next up is Scott Diaz, who is a really nice bloke! has produced tonne of records over the years and has been on the end of the superficial side of the industry too.

(midi error) #21

Episode 12, speaking to Jon Astley who’s produced, mastered and remastered artists like The Who, Abba, George Harrison, Catatonia, Ash, The Rolling Stones and many more. His production was so good he had a solo career in the mid 90s. Jon now offers a fantastic mastering at incredible rates for unsigned bands and artists.

(random) #22

Very interesting Conversation :walkman:

Also a podcast with Pioneer Trevor Horn would be nice

(midi error) #23

Next episode speaking to Songwriter, Producer and all round top-bloke Jonny Amos. Discussing songwriting workshops, perfect pop and the EDM legacy left by Avicii.

Thanks for listening!

midierror

(LofiMat) #24

idea:

Next episode speaking to Programmer, Producer and all round top-blogger Eduard Müller aka “TakTik”. Discussing coding & debugging, perfect EDM Tracking & legacy left by Renoise?

(LofiMat) #25

Well as the things have cleared up today. This interview idea (which most likely wont happen) would stream directly onto my golden hdd and be listened to over and over again to learn from.

(midi error) #26

I’d be up for it !

(midi error) #27

Heres episode 14 speaking to Dom Morley, a Grammy award winning Producer, Mix Engineer and Sound Engineer who’s worked with Amy Winehouse, Mark Ronson, Sting and a whole host of other names. We speak about his career progression and serendipitous moments from making tea for free to working in Metropolis in London sitting with Michael Jackson.

Enjoy!

midierror

(midi error) #28

Episdoe 15 speaking to Hannah Kemp-Welch, a sound artist living in London.

Enjoy!

midierror