Mini Izotope Ozone Gating Tutorial

If you can’t afford Ozone, I’m sure there are other (cheaper or free) plugins that do pretty much the same thing.

There are (typically) always cheaper or free options for any particular plugin. There are NO legit reasons to pirate.

The question is whether or not it’s worth $250. Does it have more features? Does it sound better? Is the interface more intuitive? Is it easy to use?

Renoise was worth its asking price and then some. That’s why I bought two copies! :P

You’d need quite a few free plugins to match ozone’s functionality

I’ve not seen a free spectral compander or spectral gate. If you see any, please let me no because I’m desperate to get one of each. There are many specialty pay plugins that aren’t available free, which is why the authors can justify charging for them.

Hells yes :D … Ozone is a 100% analog modeled, warm as shit mastering multitool, with every tool you need to make your mix sound like it’s been mastered with a $20,000 analog rig. It’s also got the most intuitive interface of any plugin I’ve ever used. (NI Massive comes in second :P)

Hells yes :D

yer but $250, is most of my rent money,

homeless but with a kick ass plugin mmmmm

$250 can seem like a ton of money.

Try these tricks…they have helped me to learn how to budget.

Only pay for stuff with cash. Only pay with bills larger than $5. (Adjust accordingly for you non-USA folks!)
Every night put your change (including $1 bills) in a jar.

At the end of the month, take this jar to the bank and deposit it. Include this amount in a “New Gear Fund” account. You are now closer to your goal!

I have done this for the past 10 years and have been able to buy hardware(MC-505, JP-8080, Alpha JUNO + PG-300, DSS-1, etc), Renoise/ Buzz Tracker/CSound, booze, a couple of computers, tons of music & movies, etc. I’ve also been able to live and pay my bills.

It’s amazing how much (most) people spend on worthless things. (Junk food, candy, expensive coffee, etc) Those morning coffees and afternoon snacks REALLY add up! :o

I hope this helps! :yeah: