Mmd_as

Oh wow I didn’t hear that one. I was just listening to the rest of the record. Well anyway I like the direction you took, you’ve both done a bang up job.

Head’s up people! The album has been remixed and remastered!! Get it now on Bandcamp.

I’m especially interested in getting your opinion on this if you’ve heard the original version. Most certainly will be a difference you can recognise :)

If you’re interested, here’s the blurb from my blog:

Didnt hear the previos versions, as i was not on this board yet then…Still wanted to say it sounds nice, a lot of creativity in this.

Sometimes it can sound like it’s not going anywhere(like its on a dead end somewhere…) but then some strange sound comes to make sense of it again, the different song take u places that are really different so to say(not sure how to explain)… that can be called a work of art…Enjoyed this.

Thanks weeble, that’s a good review! :) These songs are certainly attempting to be a little different, sometimes denying the cliche rather than giving it to you on a platter. The supreme goal with all songs was to honour the “feeling” of the song, to make that feeling as mature and unique as possible. If that sometimes took us to strange places, then great. But never odd-ball for the sake of it.

Alex has got planned a remix of one the songs. If I’m right, it will be a much more conventional dance mix. Stay tuned.

Revisiting this album years later…

It’s really, really good! My initial review was shortsighted but even today it reminds me of porcupine tree.