ModLoop Tool of doom!

I added some checks to the startup that should prevent such GUI drawing problems in v0.33

I just noticed your errors. Iā€™m guessing you were changing samples or something when it happened?

1 Like

Hard to say, brain damage on my end erased a lot of my memories. Iā€™ll say this, though - what Iā€™m generally trying to do to audio files is create granular textures and to get the play head to start from anywhere within a defined region. The defined region often can be shifted by LFO in both position and size.

Like so:

As far as jumping around in the sample, I wanted to do something like that, but it wonā€™t work reliably in a renoise lua script the last I checked, because there isnā€™t enough information about the current position and direction available.

Turning modloop into a plugin is still on my to-do list, which in theory would allow for additional tricks.

Lol! For some reason, until this moment, I had not noticed

This code is awesome because using doofers bypasses all of the silly things I struggled with to keep it from crashing when the user is changing focus.

Ok. Iā€™ll probably study this and work on my lua script some more. I still wonā€™t be able to do everything I wanted, but I did want to modulate the loop points of multiple samples!

Ah, I see!

All I know is that the last update allows for the start position of the sample playback to now be adjusted, so the sample can be played back from any point.

Iā€™m a pest - knocking on the doors of folks who are so near to ā€œfinishedā€ on their Renoise tools - each of their tools now technically ā€˜canā€™ do this, they need to be adjusted code-wise, which is difficult. There are three that I know of! Exciting to me :grinning:

That being said, this technique is for sloppy sample skipping, not exacting or precise sample playback. Itā€™s a textural tool. While there are plenty of fine ā€œrepeaterā€ tools; this is for random, glitching audio chunks. Making beautiful ambient drones, pads; spacious clicks ā€˜n pops, hums. I am drooling over what Renoise seems soon to be able to do natively; I do not use VST/AU plug-ins. I love Renoiseā€™s sound on its own.

No pressure :smiley: Iā€™m glad youā€™re looking at it at all.

Three loop modification tools? Whatā€™s the third one? :smiley:

Thereā€™s SMC Tool, Loop Control, and Rx Markers and hopefully yours. Rx Markers so far is the only one thatā€™s adapted to the new Lua availability of the ā€˜startā€™ marker position change, but itā€™s in heavy beta right now.

Thanks for the heads up, I have some exploring to do!

1 Like