Modlys - Uden Dig (Dub Remix)

Hi

I’ve done a new remix of one of my old tunes, “Uden Dig” from the RPM2010 album “Flow”. It’s kinda dub-ish, although my genre knowledge is not the sharpest…

This song has nice relaxing vibe, only i really don’t like the use of autotuner on the vocals…But that is just me, i never like that :P

Was thinking, because the rest of the track is heavy in reverb/ delay it could be nice to have the vocal with a bandpass, too me it seems a little bright, or if u turn some of the delays/ reverb down and put some on the vocal…Well ok i can say that because i don’t undrstand what the vocals say anyway :lol:

Just some ideas, i do like the relaxing athmosperes…

Thanks. We should maybe redo the vocals. The autotune was partly because we were under a tight deadline, because the original version of the tune was done during rpm2010.

Hmmm. I can’t really make a BP filter do anything useful to my ears. Was is just an idea of could you share a link to a tune where the sound you have in mind is used?

In anycase, I guess you’re right about the brightness of the vocal, I dropped the highs a few db now.

Regarding reverb: The vocals are actually send to a similar delay/echo/compressor effect as some other tracks. But it’s ducked by a signal follower->gainer thing. Without the ducking the vocals were too wet and it was hard to hear the lyrics.

Vocals seem to be clearer now(or did u not put a new version up:))its good.i was thinking maybe u could do the pitch bend with pattern commands but then it might not be better then this because its relative big shift… so maybe this is now the best solution…

BTW you can hear example of bandpassed vocals here(its on the 1st page of the song forum still but here is a link)

When i used this (some years ago)i think it was with some light distortion(or saturation or somethin like bitcrusher making it fuzzy first…)before bandpass…or just sample vinyl/use a bad mic/at wrong distance to record, then you have to be creative if you want to still use it :lol:
Just thought of that because of the delay athmospere in the song, that it would blend better but this works too i guess…

edit:mostly use just hi+lopass filters for that because you can have resonance, that some bandpass doesn’t have…