Modulation envelope routing

It would be super neato if you could route your modulation envelope chains into each other,just like if you put a send on the effects chains in the sample editor and send one chain to another also i have a question,if i reinstall renoise do the effects chain presets/modulation presets stay?

IIRC this has been requested a few hours after renoise 3.0 went beta .

A whole thread and a in depth explanation whyit isn’t so easy to implement

https://forum.renoise.com/t/instrument-modulation-concept/40050

Ohh yeah , ignore byte smasher’s comments .:slight_smile:

Funny, I revisited that thread just the other day. Quite long and painful, but ends on a constructive note
The takeaway from that thread would be that it would be nice to be able to have a “global” modulation which you could combine with the “local” sample modulation sets that we have now.

also i have a question,if i reinstall renoise do the effects chain presets/modulation presets stay?

Yes, any preset you make should automatically be stored in the User Library, and shared across installations.
The User Library is a concept which was introduced in Renoise 3.1 + Redux. To reveal the location simply click the small “user” icon in the Disk Browser.

yes, It’s a good read indeed .

Might want to think over the fixed signal flow too …

The filter is always at the last stage …which means overdrive affects the amp.envelope’s shape and self oscilating filters will never fade out because the amp envelope is pre filter .

Thank you gentlemen.

A whole thread and a in depth explanation whyit isn’t so easy to implement

https://forum.renoise.com/t/instrument-modulation-concept/40050

Ohh yeah , ignore byte smasher’s comments . :slight_smile:

Fuck sake,im not reading all that!I read a couple of pages but all i saw was talking about synth emulation.I didnt see any talk about modulation routing although im sure it comes up somewhere in the thread,can you just explain very quickly why this is hard to implement?

yes, It’s a good read indeed .

Might want to think over the fixed signal flow too …

The filter is always at the last stage …which means overdrive affects the amp.envelope’s shape and self oscilating filters will never fade out because the amp envelope is pre filter .

Most definitely.

Well , basicaly the same thing you are asking in your first post : a more structured modulation routing matrix …well we don’t really have a mod.matrix do we ?

I guess it’s just the way renoise handles voices …dunno …

We’ll see what the future brings .

It’s not easy but I’m sure this is possible. I can think of a few ways to do it manually but yes it would be a pain in the butt.

Fuck sake,im not reading all that!I read a couple of pages but all i saw was talking about synth emulation.I didnt see any talk about modulation routing although im sure it comes up somewhere in the thread,can you just explain very quickly why this is hard to implement?

Most definitely.

Some people are forgetting that the modulation sources are all polyphonic ,and are thus working on a per voice basis .

We don’t know if it’s easy to implement without really knowing how renoise handles voices and how big of a rewrite it would be .