More Work In Progress

hey I made a work in progress kinda vsnares timesig-a-like rippoff goes acid trissle, check it here:

http://sisforawesome.com/upload/files/25/U…ISHED/jubal.mp3

• I made a more laidback trissle fo quick liquid explosion sessions:

http://sisforawesome.com/upload/files/25/U…lugpertacid.mp3

cheers

Rico

They’re both very nice, the second half of the first track is awesome… dancey as hell :drummer:

but they need some serious mixing and powermastering, It now sounds too much like computerized tracked music. especially the second track, sounds like it’s recorded straight out of the '80’s

nice ‘shizzle’.
good drumwork (as ever B) )
but for my taste, your acidline could get some more accent in parts. more wet and a bit harder. u know…

thnx for listening guys.

Kcirr3d -> “but they need some serious mixing and powermastering, It now sounds too much like computerized tracked music. especially the second track, sounds like it’s recorded straight out of the '80’s”

can you explain what you mean with why the second one sounds " recorded straight out of the '80’s". Do you feel I should have added more compression to parts, or are you just basing that on the sounds used? (808 kit + 303 are oldie sounding :)

I plan to export these tracks to wavs seperately for each sound, so I can render in effects & put them back together multitrack stylee in wavelab or sumptin’. Thing with renoise is that I don’t trust the latency each plugin adds to it’s track, so I could be doing a lot of work & then the tracks wouldn’t line up smoothly. This fear prevents me from going to the next step with a lot of these ideas. I need plugin delay compensation NOW!

sorry

the second one:

I said that based on the sounds you used, wich is a good thing.
But I also felt it misses some swing or funkyness, -word that means the opposite of quantised-

listening again. It gets funky+interesting after the 1 minute mark where more sounds are introduced in the song. that’s what i mean. :)

jubal:
The beginning is quite fuzzy, especially the melody. When it comes to the dnb-part, there are great breaks.
The melody is not my cup of tea, the breaks are great…

jubal – this is fcking whip. love love love the harmonies and chord progression during the intro part.
nice “shuffley” hihats-type track going on around the 2:00 minute mark, although the kick and the snare sounds are terrible, i’m sorry …

plugpertacid – omg i’m sorry, i laughed when i heard the synth claves. that’s got to be the single worst drum sound ever created
nice atmosphere/bassline/synths though. i like how you experiment with interesting chords

dude i have definitely got to get more of your music.

:guitar: