Mozilla Vs Internet Explorer

Haha, Opera has a torrent client? Didn’t know that. I guess it’s there to help legal p2p growth but for the time being: I bet the kids love that!

Bittorrent was planned in OP8, too. IMHO p2p will get more important very soon. Just because users do not want to have companies controlling everything.

When we were young, we had our Bulletin-Board-Systems and there was Fido and usenet. In fact usenet still exists but alt.music.mods is really “quiet” ;)

Then there was Netscape with the marvellous Netscape Communicator 4 which revolutionized the www. But IE5 was better. It supported more standards (CSS, JS-DIV) and it was part of the OS. That was the time of the dotcombubble and everyone wanted to surf in the WWW.

Netscape did not innovate. They lost all the users to the IE.

Then there was opera. I never liked opera because of the ads. I was IE-User until I got a program called Mozilla (which is now known as Seamonkey) and I loved it. Opera still used ads but Mozilla had this cool skinning-feature, the mailclient (which is now known as Thunderbird) was safer and better than Outlook express and easier to use than “Outlook”.

Now, working as a professional PHP-Dev, I use Firefox with Webdeveloper-Toolbar for CSS-Editing, Opera for testing, IE for testing and Amaya for “quick-writing-wysywig-contents”.

Lynx is used to test if my pages are Section 508-compatible.

The newest stuff I did was setting up my Webpage to 100% XML which means that Opera and FF even get an XML-File for parsing.

IE still gets an HTML for parsing.