Multiedit : Multi Columns & Multi Tracks

something is still not clicking. imake this:

if renoise.song().selected_pattern_track_observable:has_notifier(loadvst("Audio/Effects/VST/WatKat"))  
then renoise.song().selected_pattern_track_observable:remove_notifier(loadvst("Audio/Effects/VST/WatKat"))   
renoise.song().selected_pattern_track:add_notifier(loadvst("Audio/Effects/VST/WatKat"))  
else  
renoise.song().selected_pattern_track:add_notifier(loadvst("Audio/Effects/VST/WatKat"))  
end  

and everytime i save the main.lua file with this, a watkat is spawned. it doesn’t seem to do anything when the pattern track changes or a note is added? what am i missing? (i was aimin to make it so that everytime you input a note into the pattern_track, a watkat is created.)

Ewps sorry… try this:

song.patterns[song.selected_pattern_index]:add_line_notifier(pattern_line_notifier)

function pattern_line_notifier(pos)  
 print (pos.pattern)  
 print ( pos.track)  
 print ( pos.line)  

!!! \o/ \o/ \o/
i’ve made my first cycler. it stops at the last row and shoots an error, but that’s minor and can be fixed. gotta replicate this and see how far this can be taken!! awesome!! thanks so much vV!!!

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

edited

s[/s]

There can’t be a frenchie thread without baguettes.

thanks for all the help vV.
I’ve gotten a status to show which note column cycling keyjazz mode is on (1-12), there’s 12 shortcuts, each of which toggles the stuff on or off. what doesn’t work is switching from 5 column cycle to 4 column cycle, as pressing the shortcut for 4 column cycle first disables column cycle, then pressing it again will enable it. that’s why i set it up so that it gives a status info sayin when column cycling is on and when it is off.

it works with editstep=0, then it cycles through the selected note columns and goes back to #1 (i could set it up so that it advances one step and goes back to notecolumn1, but i’m not sure if that’s what would be the best thing to do. editstep=1 works nicely, editstep=2 works okay, but from editstep=3 onwards, it seems that my math is somehow wrong for the concept - cursor starts going down by quite a bit. having written that, i just realized that i’ve made it advance down by editstep AND editstep also advances down automatically. so that’s why i had so many issues with it. if i completely throw out the editstep addition, things are gonna be fine. I’ll try it now. ^_^

it works!!! :)

edited

edited

edited

trying to perfect a note-column-based delayvalue-divider-generator. seems to work somewhat, but need to isolate it from testcode. this stuff is completely :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

edit

managed to isolate it into a shortcut. each row i’ve added one more visible note column and the script is run by pressing the script-shortcut.