Multiple MIDI channel out for output device please

Would be quite useful, if also the midi outputs were capable of sending on any (midi channel = off/any) channel.

For example you wanna route a midi fx VSTi out to multiple instruments, currently on OSX, you have to

1. add a midi output instrument below, target a midi loopback device (like IAC-driver in OSX).

2. setting input in the audio VSTis to IAC-driver.

Now it’s not possible that one VSTi receives on midi ch1, and the other on midi ch2. Because on the midi output instrument, you have to choose a channel. Any is not possible, sadly.

EDIT:

Example:

Attachment 6241 not found.

You need synth1 VSTiand lua protoplug VSTi. Also you need to setup a loopback driver in midi OSX settings:

Attachment 6240 not found.

Routing in example should be:

instr 0: midi input your midi keyboard, midi routing to instrument 1 <-- seems to send always on ch.1

instr 1: midi input none, output midi loopback/iac driver CHANNEL 1 <- here would be nice to have "ANY"

instr 2: midi input loopack/iac, midi ch.1

instr 3: midi input loopack/iac, midi ch.2 <-- currently not working

updated

updated

Also, as far as I understand the protoplug script in instr. 0 (see example above), the chord should be sent thru multiple channels. But it stays on channel 1, if you look into midi monitor.

That’s at least very uncommon. “Any” usually only is an input setting but not an output setting. Would need to send out 16 notes instead of one for a single note on then too, as there is no “any” channel in the MIDI specs.

ok, do you have any idea, how i could send to multiple vsts using a protoplug/midi fx vsti otherwise?

I encountered this too

Sonicbytes era has 16 midi outputs

Yet in renoise it’s only possible to control 1 instrument .

Besides , if we want a midi plug to send mdi out , we have to make an additional ( mdi out ) track

Yeah, if we could target multiple instruments, with different ranges and / or channels… Would be really nice :slight_smile:

Anyway, I made some “workaround”, using keyranges with protoplug vsti:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/protoplug/41867

That’s at least very uncommon. “Any” usually only is an input setting but not an output setting. Would need to send out 16 notes instead of one for a single note on then too, as there is no “any” channel in the MIDI specs.

Hi taktik,

I think it would be enough, if on “ANY”, the midi output channel simply was the same as the input channel. Sending it on all would not be required.

Old bump…but I’ve just come up against this issue. Have a MIDI plugin that sends notes out to a hardware MPE synth, but doesn’t work as data is forced onto one channel. An ANY option that leaves channel unchanged would be most welcome!