i have a project that has up to a 2 second latency on playback start (not stop), at any point in the timeline (even when not all tracks are playing at the same time and even when a single track is soloed). There are NO FX loaded anywhere in any track or in Redux. Logic is using the same audio device settings i usually have it set to (with no problem in other projects).
As i go through my tracks disabling instances of Redux, the play start latency reduces. at about 4 instances, it seems about normal to me in comparison to all other projects i’ve worked on lately. At about 6 instances, the pause starts to be annoying and only gets worse from there.
Any obvious explanation or solution for this?
- 19 instances of Redux active produces 2 seconds start latency
- All MIDI, No audio tracks
- No FX or other AU plugins
- Logic 9.1.8 32-bit
- M-Audio ProjectMix I/O as Core Audio device (Firewire)
- I/O Buffer Size = 256 samples
- “Process Buffer Range” = “Small”
- Snow Leopard 10.6.8
- 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- 8GB RAM