Mutant Breaks #10

Also limitations on guitar,

bro guitar has no limitations …

just listen to Omar Rodriguez Lopez

Oops. Slow-core was not part of the equation…I don’t have my metal genres straight :badteethslayer:

Ehem, whatever.

However Messhuggah does their rhythm very well indeed, but so does Venetian snares for that matter.

Now back to computer software usage, if the band’s really used Trackers to produce music I really want to hear them !! Pls provide some links.

Yeah, imagine a cross between Meshuggah and Snares. That would be …

:eek:

Buuut…the point I was trying to make was not so much about formal music education, or knowledge of music theory. It was more about production techniques and the whole aesthetic surrounding these styles.

Maybe a better example than Def Leppard would be Pantera, when I first was exposed to this music, I really liked how insanely tight it sounded - part trash metal, part industrial techno. In this case, I don’t think it matters so much how the actual record (say, Vulgar Display of Power) was actually produced, because these guys are obviously excellent musicians. But I believe that they inspired a lot of people to get into the game, using - among other things - trackers. We’re talking the 90’s after all, where the studio started moving into the bedroom.

I don’t have hard evidence for this claim, but think about it: the boundaries between composing, producing and performing is pretty blurry nowadays. It’s a great place to be :slight_smile:

Excellent musicianship and great performance but obviously I don’t see any chord changes so it’s kinda drony to me. Plus drums are not electronic:( (he hee)

Try to figure out what this guy is playing:

Get some aspirin:)

Excellent musicianship and great performance but obviously I don’t see any chord changes so it’s kinda drony to me. Plus drums are not electronic:( (he hee)

Try to figure out what this guy is playing:

Get some aspirin:)

i love holdsworth…fucking genius…even Yngwie Malmsteen once said that playing his solos…were a fucking nightmare

but i like rock/jazzy music as a whole…the drums the …bass the voice the keys an the guitar…

ultimate of the ultimate

pink floyd…simple af…in compare with any holdsworth …or holdsworth inspired piece

and still

best music ever :slight_smile:

" think about it: the boundaries between composing, producing and performing is pretty blurry nowadays. It’s a great place to be :)"

@Danoise: That I totally agree !

I can certainly understand the point you are making in terms of how studio and recording techniques came to be about and how earlier versions of technology including tape machines and samplers were exploited by the rock music crowd just as the electronic crowd does it. Infact the ondes martonet or mellotron(one of them) used tape loops on each key to record sounds and sound when pressed on their keys, so it predates any commercial genre as we know it.

Messhuggah and Venetian snares is my wet dream too. (Boy oh boy oh boy!)

@Land of Bits: Pink Floyd is cool though, real pioneers of the rock and psychedelic sound. Actually it’s all vibrations in the same medium and pretty much comparable instruments, so like food one is not necessarily better than the other and both are nourishing to the mind body and soul. Also variety is very welcome even in terms of audio food, imagine if biscuits or steak were the only food available…shiiit. I do listen to rock albums from time to time to try to learn something even if I don’t really enjoy it.

for me the greatest music its the music that endures the test of time…:slight_smile:

i’ve been listening to them… since i was 14 years old now im 25 and im still …listening over and over this stuff…

That is a very reliable benchmark!

That is a very reliable benchmark!

fuckingg agreeeee with you now :slight_smile:

love the compos evry year but on the pink Floyd thing… look at the date on the dark side of the moon album then revisit that album’s songwriting but RLY revisit production style and quality in comparison to others then… jezzus mf xrist! wtf? wayyyy into the future. for any style of music. so rly they were a bit better when they dropped some of the san franxlondon trappings but rly however overplayed this album sounded gawd damn good no matter what era the art and production are eternally post modern.

love the compos evry year but on the pink Floyd thing… look at the date on the dark side of the moon album then revisit that album’s songwriting but RLY revisit production style and quality in comparison to others then… jezzus mf xrist! wtf? wayyyy into the future. for any style of music. so rly they were a bit better when they dropped some of the san franxlondon trappings but rly however overplayed this album sounded gawd damn good no matter what era the art and production are eternally post modern.

bro you’re my nu best friend here jjj :slight_smile:

Like dj_porter said, for the Live-setup of Hysteria, Rick Allen was using a Simmons SDS-7.
He was firing off samples from an AKAI S-900 sampler, containing samples from his old acoustic (Ludwig-) kit, and blending them with the SDS-7’s sounds.

For the Hysteria recording-sessions, it is unclear to me, what samples Mutt Lange/Rick Allen were using exactly. I think they were using a Fairlight CMI to sequence songs (…maybe even to fire off drumsamples), and an AMS sampler (heard in the middle-part of ‘Rocket’, it was used to trigger bits and snippets of other songs), but the AKAI S-900 would be available since January 1986, so that’s a possibility, too.

Man I never would of thought Def Leppard was so tech behind the scenes. Dunno why I find this so fascinating. I suppose it would make sense.

Hysteria was the first cassette I got as a kid :yeah:

WINNERS ANNOUNCED:

Congratulations. Winners private message me your emails so I can send you some presents over Paypal.

Happy 2017.

ohhhhhh shittttt jjjjj

that was awesome :slight_smile:

fuckkkk awesomeeeeee :slight_smile:

congratulation to the winners :slight_smile:

Awesomeee selection, loved the hockey idea! Congrats to the winners and thanks to Conner for the selection video! It was a great year, can’t wait for the next one! :smiley:

Awesome! Real fun idea using a hockey strip for target practice :slight_smile: Felicitations to all the three winners ?? Looking forward to next year’s MBC compo.?

Hahahha lovely video! Thanks again for this shit! :smiley:

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks for the effort with selecting a winner (edit: …and with running this compo through the years), Conner_bw. I have no experience with hockey, but your daughter just might be a talent :wink:

Once again: Thanks for all the (creative | inspiring | useful | harsh | funny | nice ) comments on my track. I hope to come this close to winning a 2nd prize again next year smile.png

Felicitations, happy holidays and all that!

That was cool. Rigged, of course ;), but cool. Thanks for making the selection interesting and fun!

That was great fun! Looking forward to the next mutant breaks :slight_smile: