hi,

this is mine !

http://www.basicmethods.org/public/2017_deep_.mp3

http://www.basicmethods.org/public/2017_deep_.xrns

OK heres my Top 3ā€¦

3 - Hyperunknown - High of the Ground

2 - XKernel - Maxmastered

1- BotB - All my idols are dead and my enemies are in power

Sorry if i missed a track by people that continue to work on their entryā€¦but working fast is a skill that i personally appreciate as well

anyways there are a lot of tracks that i like ā€¦and im going to repost all of them :slight_smile:

good luck crew :slight_smile:

see you in december 16 :slight_smile:

From the first post.

> After December 10th, participants reply in this thread with votes for their favourite 3 tracks. No private votes. No voting for yourself. Participants have 5 days to vote for their top 3. Participants who donā€™t vote in this thread before December 16th are disqualified.

@Land Of Bits: Your vote doesnā€™t count. Come back on December 10th.

Also danoise already won.

From the first post.

> After December 10th, participants reply in this thread with votes for their favourite 3 tracks. No private votes. No voting for yourself. Participants have 5 days to vote for their top 3. Participants who donā€™t vote in this thread before December 16th are disqualified.

@Land Of Bits: Your vote doesnā€™t count. Come back on December 10th.

ok my bad :frowning:

but anyways iā€™m going to duplicate this post after december 10

its kinda explanatory why i did it now :frowning:

but im sorry ā€¦i was not trying to break any rule or stuff like that

Land Of Bits: Just copy paste it on dec 10. Hehe. Maybe you could add some notes why exactly you voted that way, could be interesting for the creators?

Land Of Bits: Just copy paste it on dec 10. Hehe. Maybe you could add some notes why exactly you voted that way, could be interesting for the creators?

well iā€™m a simple personā€¦i just like their sound design and arrangementā€¦

:slight_smile:

nahhhā€¦im not going to continue talking about it ā€¦since my vote now donā€™t qualify. now

lets wait for december 10

peace :slight_smile:

lets wait for december 10

Thanks. A copy paste of the exact same text works for me.

Voting after the votepack is a tradition. Itā€™s part of the fun. Good times.

There is one rule conner_bw did forget: Amen is not allowed

Most entrants seem to already know that in mutant breaks compo the usage of breakbeats is prohibited.

I mean I most probably wonā€™t manage to finish it before deadline, but I actually use the amen break in my project. But if I make it then no worry, I chopped and processed it so much that everyone will think it is a botched EZ Drummer preset that was processed the wrong way, and I still can win.

Whoā€™s Amen?

venerable mrā€™s last name is ā€œcolemanā€

My track has the Amen, the Apache and a couple less known breakbeats. But this is my first Mutant Breaks entry, so Iā€™ve decided Iā€™m allowed to do what I want.

Or are you joking? Please tell me youā€™re joking.

Enjoying everyoneā€™s tunes so far. Big ups to all the producers :clownstep:

hi, idk much about Renoise really or making music in general but hereā€™s a track i did a month or two ago that i edited today using some new stuff ive learnedā€¦its not that great but i hope u enjoy it neway

song:https://clyp.it/waotev2a?token=60efed414ef187904fc0e267a482b29c

xrns (sorry its zippyshare idk any other file sharing sites):http://www104.zippyshare.com/v/l1DunAMS/file.html

in case ur interested all the non-drum samples are from i think the first 30 seconds of this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhahA2_W538

I fooled you all big time with my last entry. :stuck_out_tongue:

here is the real one:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rpzjmrweqxxbey2/TheBellows-Holy_Shit-Mutant_Breaks_%2310.xrns

I used a few free VSTs, OTT, Sanford Reverb and Delay, Limiter 6, DJM Filter and Nova67P

Been looking forward to this all year and once again almost missed it.

Hereā€™s the track:

And hereā€™s a link to the XRNS.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ciyd8r5big3k582/Crash_Noise_Division-Shitstorm-Mutant_Breaks_10.xrns

Cheers to all who are participating this year!

ā€¦ sonic degradation done using commercial cassette players and Zoom H1. ā€¦

Do you have any tricks / methods for creating (or simply preparing) that lo-fi sound in renoise? I have tried with a couple of bitcrusher effects and some ā€œlo-fiā€ or ā€œunstableā€ VST-plugins but itā€™s still far from the result I would like.

Also, a track (or two) of vinyl noise and a band limiting filter adds to the result. What are your tips and tricks (beside using the hardware solution :slight_smile: )

My submission for the Mutant Breaks competition #10:

Artist: HeartBeatHero

Title: Putcha Hey!

Genre: Drum and Bass

Year: 2017

Infinite peace, love and happiness to all!

Soundcloud: Mp3 download

Dropbox: XRNS download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/19sn1btqlw108w5/HeartBeatHero%20-%20Putcha%20Hey%21%20v5.xrns?dl=0

Thanks to Conner_Bw who is sponsering and organising this compo.

Thanks to danoise who did the flyer for the compo!

Shout out to some fellow renosie forum members:

Stailer, Vorpal, Fenderq, PPLo, BrainClaim, Land Of Bits, midierror, Wrong, TheBellows, Coddy Dude, RedPanda, ballacr

Long live Renoise!

Checkout my website or soundcloud for the latest tracks. Synthwave and Electronic. http://www.heartbeathero.com

https://soundcloud.com/heartbeathero

I love to collaborate so contact me via the website or soundcloud.

Infinite peace, love and happiness to all!

And good luck in this competition!

Do you have any tricks / methods for creating (or simply preparing) that lo-fi sound in renoise? I have tried with a couple of bitcrusher effects and some ā€œlo-fiā€ or ā€œunstableā€ VST-plugins but itā€™s still far from the result I would like.

Also, a track (or two) of vinyl noise and a band limiting filter adds to the result. What are your tips and tricks (beside using the hardware solution :slight_smile: )

@ulrikkold: Hey, thanks for the like :slight_smile:

To answer your question, I have a rather simple and direct method which is to simply let the signal go through as many rounds of signal processing in any form that gives the intended result. Renoise is very neutral sounding on its own and I rely on that to check my levels and mixes or if I want to capture a pristine audio input, where the source and hardware signal path determine the overall input sound and not tainted by another software algorithm (within limits).

The one method that I have observed really does work very cheaply is line level and mic level abuse by mis matching their input output levels, which results in the introduction of noise or a distorted output (like soft clipping). In fact you can try this immediately on any recording device by letting your phone headphone output or guitar amp output and trying to record it over your sound interface line in by letting the input source play at full volume and then finding the right level so that it does not distort or peak at red(one or two occurences are fine in my experience). My MPC 500 outputs a very hot signal from both phone output and L/R outputs that my soundcard (iRig Pro 24 bit 192KHZ) find it difficult to adjust without distorting, so accordingly I find a recording device from my kit or any aux jack on a device and take it from there. The A/D conversion automatically introduces some errors along the way which degrades the sound digitally. The fact that audio manufacturers donā€™t have to exactly follow the line level outputs to the ā€˜Tā€™ is because of a wide variety of allowances in the specifications and those add up eventually. Itā€™s best to check what is the exact voltage output at the peripheral points and even check the resistances at circuit level if it piques your interest as the gain stages that are used in current devices or old ones can be a single stage or double stage, so the gain effectively multiplies (1st stage X 2nd stage) to give a much larger output, and so on, lots of theory involvedā€¦(not really needed to mess up something, only to fix something or understand something :))

The other more resilient method is to simply resample the output audio via the resampled function and use that exported file as the final output. MPC and other such samplers do this automatically and the sampler recording modes (mono and stereo) give an imprint when you input the original file via MPC inputs. Route this sampled output and then resample it with some mild FX like the inbuilt compressor or equal or the bit grunger set at low depths to give an overall feel, much like in mastering. Finally use a dedicated digital or analogue recorder to get the sound in the format you want.

My audio tape player from Philips has USB record feature and can record a file from usb to tape as well so that removes any guesswork. And vice versa after tape recording it can record that to USB drive again. Ideally and theoretically the more you put in a signal path the note it degrades because of the probabilistic imperfections that audio electronics imprint as every circuit is different from each other even from the same unit manufacturers; all devices like your phones have thier own electronic signature or fingerprint that makes it different from the next identical unit.

I personally never found plugin emulation reassuring, and the simple vinyl sample does more to set the mood coupled with good dose of non-linear EQing that actually causes phasing in the output(inaudible but perceptible). I customise the eq curve for each sound or instrument and never rely on presets because they simply donā€™t work as is.

The one thing I am currently exploring is using lo-fi Arduino shields and circuits and some C programming to work directly with audio input and output buffers to sample and playback audio at lower resolutions. Itā€™s both for knowledge gain and music production use in my records. Some talkboxes and a few plugin telephone bandpass curves are kindof general purpose and can be worked from there.

Itā€™s tricky as hell thoughā€¦takes time.