Mutant Breaks #11 - VOTING (review and win a copy of Redux!)

My extraordinary mathematical skillz tells me that RedPanda is the only one who has reached a score of 11, so my question is why isn’t RedPanda the winner?

Okay yes I see. Only voted winner gets points. I didn’t plan this properly, haha :smiley:

Aw man, I worked really hard to only use native FX and bounce all my synth to samples so my track can be played with no plugins. The only thing in there is Ozone on the master channel which I had switched on while working so it would be loud. It’s switched off by default now and I even put together a mastering chain before the plugin to emulate the settings I had so that anyone can play the xrns with no hassle!

I agree that it’s unfair against the lazy bastards like me who neither uploaded xrns nor used native fx only. We shouldn’t be awarded for being lazy. :wink:

To me it’s fair and square that RedPanda wins because who the hell could guess by reading the contest announcement that the points you get does not count? It really makes very little sense.

VΔƎPЯISM - θɜːmɪk [Thermic]

meditative dreamy progression, i mean really meditative, inaway so meditative that the song meditates for you

sodiufas - Glaciers

stories that glaciers told me, nice reverbysphere

Stailer - Hymn To Nature

i like especially that singing moment

Garfferen - The End

makes me nodding to the beat, rhymes gets more interesting near end, ah those guitar samples, till wtf isit xmas again, only bit short tune, i could have been listening that beat for much longer

ghismart - WIND and FIRE on EARTH

groovy beats and finally robot telling where we are goin’

TheBellows MB#11 - 2018 - Global Warning

i just get liftoff from this tune, be Warned / // /// /////

I vote for TheBellows: that is just something, im speechless, i could listen this on and on. Song feels like u lost ina deep forest, accidentally making your way to mystical fairytale characters playing ina band, its like dem sending some global warning, eventually u running out of energy and cant quite reach dem

basicmethods - MB11 Session
im lay down laidback waitin’ occasional snare thats so retro

wurzelgemüse - gigantomanie
what to say about this : O huge maniac stomb beat ; D , could maybe have more variation

Maya Azem - Climate Sceptic In The Antarctic

cinematic feel is nice in this tune, drums are made/mixed very well

Lilith 93 - Climate Change

this is nice to listen, smoothly mixed fx. “the time to talk , is over” - that was just so funny moment

RedPanda13 - ManBearPig Is Real, Im Cereal!

im surreal cereal, this song feels complete pack, weird lyrics humor nice

Thermal Reflections by CryoKitsune

nice little flight among thermal reflections, u can feel dem heating

FX Send - Puffin Iceberg

dat beat makes me want to do something, i love those synthsounds, breakdaticebergbuffgone

lusd. - Global Warming - 0.67

i like that distortion/distorted mood , now we are ina middle ofa action , shiet is that cops ? and its warmening , > what < did she say , “climate?” , okey we have to go fast now run

Komu - Dawn Of A New Beginning

i like the intro, its so smooth, dawn looks quite promising, for me the song gives feeling that something heavy have dropped from shoulders and it is time to move on finally, well-balanced composition

Fosterr_Gump - Gump 128.5773

proper minimalistic teknohouse, there is quite interesting effects and i like those long creapy sweep transitions

sunnk - heat death

when I heard this first time it was when I was finishing my tune after staying up allnight quite tired, and U dropped your tune saying somethin like “this was my one nighter, enjoy, i go to sleep now, bye”. Then listening your tune and reading your description of black hole and stuff, I got totally speechless and was thrown otherside of the galaxy right against the event horizon, song in its all hardness is completely relaxing and activating ina same time like shaking the dust from your clothes, muscles and soul in one instant. in the end of the song I get the feeling like: "now I give up trying, it’s impossible to cross over, and then you pass to otherside along with nice reverb effect

#########################################################################

visual, visual, very visual music this year, i got my imagination a boost, cant wait to dig in to the xrns files to see how You did it, U got skills <3

I agree that it’s unfair against the lazy bastards like me who neither uploaded xrns nor used native fx only. We shouldn’t be awarded for being lazy. :wink:

To me it’s fair and square that RedPanda wins because who the hell could guess by reading the contest announcement that the points you get does not count? It really makes very little sense.

Of course points counts. At this point, If you shared your .xrns, write all the reviews and win the poll, you can win. And if you used all native, but didn’t write the reviews and win the voting, you can win. Not everybody did the reviews. I wanted people to use all native and write the reviews. Is this unfair?

I’m sorry if I have offended somebody for being little unclear. It wasn’t my attention. :mellow:

We have to finish this, and I can’t change the rules anymore…

Stailer or Sunnk is going to win this thing, so

LETS VOTE AGAIN:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/mutant-breaks-11-final-voting/49893

Aw man, I worked really hard to only use native FX and bounce all my synth to samples so my track can be played with no plugins. The only thing in there is Ozone on the master channel which I had switched on while working so it would be loud. It’s switched off by default now and I even put together a mastering chain before the plugin to emulate the settings I had so that anyone can play the xrns with no hassle!

Is there Ozone on the exported track?

Of course points counts. At this point, If you shared your .xrns, write all the reviews and win the poll, you can win. And if you used all native, but didn’t write the reviews and win the voting, you can win. Not everybody did the reviews. I wanted people to use all native and write the reviews. Is this unfair?

But if the points count then why doesn’t RedPanda win? He was the only one who had both xrns with native fx (5 point), reviews (3 points) and 3 votes (3 points). So if the points count, then i can’t see anyone else with an equal or higer score. Usual in contests the highest score wins, so i’m a buit confused.

PS: Too busy 9-to-5-ing but when I have a free hour I’ll link all the reviews, solicit, and figure out a random Redux winner. Aiming for Wednesday. If random already has Redux, then i’ll pitch in for a copy of Sononym. Random winner’s choice.

We have to finish this, and I can’t change the rules anymore…

But that is exactly what you just did imo. Isn’t there anyone else who agrees with me on this?

First you promise away points to those who uses only native effects, provides the xrns and writes a review, but then you suddenly decided to annulate these points and only judge by the amount of votes instead. Neither Sunnk or Stailer used only native effects according to your list above, so they both only got 8 points, while RedPanda has 11, followed by Vaeprism with 10 points.

I may of course have misunderstood something here, but i can’t fathom what that might be?

The rules are pretty clear in the original contest announcement:

VOTING

• Open vote : anyone - also non-contestants can vote for their favourite track. 1 vote / person

• Use only native Renoise DSP’s and track fx and share your .xrns file(s) to gain 5 extra points

• Share your .xrns file to gain 1 extra point

• Write a review about every entered track to gain 3 points

I feel i have no choice but to declare shenanigans! :panic: :w00t:

But if the points count then why doesn’t RedPanda win? He was the only one who had both xrns with native fx (5 point), reviews (3 points) and 3 votes (3 points). So if the points count, then i can’t see anyone else with an equal or higer score. Usual in contests the highest score wins, so i’m a buit confused.

Only vote winner gets points for votes. 5 points to the most voted one. When Stailer or Sunnk wins the votes, its 9 points and Redpanda and few others have 8 points.

All native + 5 points

All reviews + 3 points

Vote victory + 5 points

Vst used/shared .xrns + 1 point

If this is misleading, then I’m sorry, but I said it so I have to stick with it.

Only vote winner gets points for votes. 5 points to the most voted one. When Stailer or Sunnk wins the votes, its 9 points and Redpanda and few others have 8 points.

If so, then why is there nothing about this in the original contest announcement? How were we gonna be able to guess this?

If this is misleading, then I’m sorry, but I said it so I have to stick with it.

Well, i can’t say i have seen this anywhere, you have not written this in either the original announcement post or the voting post.

If so, then why is there nothing about this in the original contest announcement? How were we gonna be able to guess this?

I’m sorry. That was a long day.

I did not mention that 1 vote is 1 point either.

I’m sorry. That was a long day.

Don’t worry mate, i really appreciate your work and effort you put into this, and if everyone else thought the rules were clear enough that’s good enough for me. I still think it’s a pretty weird voting system, but if that’s the way the ball rolls i’ll roll with it.

I did not mention that 1 vote is 1 point either.

but that would have made a lot more sense and that is how MB used to work, so i wouldn’t characterize it as very far fetched to assume this. :wink:

Though the previous rounds did also have a twist with random elements.

Don’t worry mate, i really appreciate your work and effort you put into this, and if everyone else thought the rules were clear enough that’s good enough for me. I still think it’s a pretty weird voting system, but if that’s the way the ball rolls i’ll roll with it.

Yeah maybe its not the best one, but I’m not a professional for making competitions. :slight_smile:

Hey how about two winners? Stailer and Sunnk still battles for “the best track” title and Redpanda wins the “points and effort” title. Both gets the video! :walkman:

Hey ! Ok for me… But i want my Redux copy if i win ! :wink:

But hey if the difference between first place is just on a technicality like this, it’s totally cool with me if Stailer gets it!

Thx very much Mannaz !