Mutant Breaks #12

In the thread on Renoise official’s Facebook page :sunglasses:

What exactly is tht effect and how did you make it? pt2399?
Cool stuff!

2 Likes

Its a button which connects two jack sockets - someone at sonicstate called me a “genius” for it!

1 Like

Haha, so as in a switch that mixes two audio sources without using any electronic components besides a switch?

No,its a button which connects two jack sockets - input and output

1 Like

.xrns file for download https://www.dropbox.com/s/h01q165ebgkskgo/HeartBeatHero%20-%20Let%20be%20friends%20(Mutant%20Break%20Compo%2013)%20v5.xrns?dl=0

10 Likes

Jeez, you’ve finished that right quick. I’m like 30 seconds in and sounds like trash :smiley:

Hope to have something uploaded an hour or two before the deadline.

3 Likes

@lusd It doesnt matter. Just have fun! The real fun is in listening to all the submissions. Finding out new things in creating music. And being part of a great community! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m at 1m:39s … :slight_smile:
The mutant break is always fun, brings me back to the protracker days where you only had samples.

3 Likes

I’m at 2:30. Two and a half minutes of awesome stuff, i guarantee. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Some nice anticipation chatter going on here…

I got mine at 5+ minutes and structure is mostly set. Just need to do a bunch of edits to turn some copy/paste fill-in style composing into something more organic and less annoying, and last fixings here and there, and finetune. Mix is already kind of alright as I do it while preparing the instruments and while composing, my amateur renoise native mastering will get its dedicated 2 days once I managed to render a mix that I don’t want to change anymore. Whoohoo I’m pretty far into my project, and still so much time left.

As I take notes in the renoise comments section to greet me each time I open the song, the best keyword to always put on top was “keep it simple!”, really it is the only valid medicine, it kept me from trying to overcomplicate things… It made me erase a lot of other keywords, that could potentially have destroyed my track…who needs for a 2nd breakbeat and a 3rd pad instrument, when what is there is already sufficient to rock the show…

5 Likes

I have really no idea how to make a link between my track and the theme yet though…hmmm, my counter says 7:02 at the moment btw. :wink:

1 Like

I start after Xmas. Great tracks so far!

2 Likes

7 MINUTES already, impressive :astonished:

Theme: Mutant friends - mutating friendship

Yeah how do we fit the theme :face_with_raised_eyebrow: … ahh, have an idea I’ll try… two crowd samples, one goes full left the other right, then mutate the stereo field … over time evolution makes people develop new ears to keep track of all the chatter :smiley::shushing_face::thinking: :joy:

2 Likes

Now i’m starting all over, so basically at 0:00 again :smiley:

1 Like

No harm in starting over. You have plenty of time still. :sunglasses:

1 Like

IMG_20191126_080404_536

I’ll be doing some Renoise compo promoting on the show tommorrow morning. Stop by in the chat live at twitch.tv/heartbeathero

4 Likes

OK. I stop memes and textures. I begin to compose something. 0:34 for the moment.

2 Likes

Renoise Compo Promo at 23 min 50 sec

4 Likes

Is it okay if my entry is an oldskool rave track? Like, it’s got breakbeats but it also has a four-to-the-floor kick drum? (Think Voodoo People by The Prodigy)

3 Likes