Mutant Breaks [lucky] #13

thanks, bruh! :metal:
hoping you throw down on this compo. would be great if you got the time!

Unfortunately I don’t have the time,I’d love to though and I think it will have lots of interesting tracks submitted, pretty interesting how other people might approach odd time, especially if they have never done so.Look forward to hearing them all.

1 Like

I did a few changes to my track, but it seems like it’s too awesome for SoundCloud, because i’ve tried uploading it several times now and all i got is this shit:
I wonder if it’s trying to figure out the actual BPM of the track? Then i might be fucked. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yay, finally.
I felt i had to do some slight changes to my entry in a desperate attempt to keep up with the competition:

3 Likes

lol, that’s a whole other song! Nice work :+1:

1 Like

Ok I think I’m done. Sort of a lofi hiphop thing. All in 5/4 time. All native DSP. Created some instruments in Auturia Pigments and converted them.

Project file:
calm_reduced.xrns (2.2 MB)

11 Likes

I only slightly changed everything. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m working on some more slight changes now, so this track may end up as a country/western tune or maybe an opera, who knows. :smiley:

dude, if you (or anyone out there) has a country song in 13/8, I want to hear it!
@highway_rehab very nice tune. dig the chill vibe :+1:

1 Like

Hi there!
love the thematic!
i only use RENOISE for composing (never VST , Renoise distortion feel just good too me!)
my style is breakcore … Harsh Experimental Mental Breakcore!

but the song was composed last year :frowning:
i don’t think i have enough time to compose a real one still mid 2022 January as i am very busy!
(need to fucking work to eat)
i don’t see anything from this point on the RULES ?
so this is my last/recent/new/real track!
original one in 7/4 with no vst
Enjoy or Bear! (yes i know, the track is LOUD!)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18mqg09zPzJSedADWdxAbsyNjxS1fU256/view?usp=sharing

10 Likes

dope fucking beast of a HARSH enjoyable time :fire:
It satisfies the rules as far as I’m concerned :metal: :imp: :metal:
the chimes are a nice juxtaposition, too
Thanks for throwing in!

1 Like

Τεσσάρι είναι!

1 Like

Ευχαριστω φιλε μου το ειπε και ενα αλλο παιδι.
Thanks friend

^ it’s all greek to me :huh:

2 Likes

Thanks Sir!
The chime sample is sampled from a kid toy!!!
:heart_eyes: :star_struck: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Sweet stuff y’all! Let’s see if I could finish something for the compo, 5/4 is my fav signature after all :sunglasses:

1 Like

^^ do it… the world needs more music in 5/4!

Another Dimension

Ambient / electronic

Syncopated rhythm consisting of 5/4 and 6/4, ending with a more steady 4/4. No xrns available due to abundance of plugins, so RIP extra points :grimacing:

16 Likes

Very very good!!!

@dfast “Another Dimension” is a lovely piece. Nice sounds also. Very pleasant. Well done, I like it!

@klusterbounce Oh yeah! I like that sonic violence in “Renegade 69”. Neat stuff!

@highway_rehab “Calm” is a nice lofi piece. A bit too mellow for my taste but it has a nice mood.

@TheBellows “Muted Brakes 13” has some cool ideas in there. I like the little dissonant things that start to happen at the 3 minute mark or so. If you don’t mind me saying, I do feel your drums a bit too rigid and static. To be blunt, I find them boring. They get a lot more interesting at 4:20 or so. I Think your tune would improve if you applied that idea to the earlier part as well. In that sense I find “Contnuum 13” more interesting.

@slujr “Time paradox v1”: You always have such lovely sound design. This is no exception. And all inside of Renoise, well done! Maybe one day you’ll share your secrets how you craft these cool sounds.

@alien7 “0013” Nice stuff. If you don’t mind me saying. It feels a bit one dimensional. The little arpeggio disappearing is fun. But maybe it could benefit from having a delay and/or reverb with some effects on it. Or just another layer of sound in the background to liven up things a little. But that is just my idea.

3 Likes

Thank you Eretsua!
I’ve been doing some mutant sampling and reese bass creation the past few days and i will just say that my track is turning into something quite different. :smiley:
I also purchased another plugin, Waves Torque and it really makes my drums sit well in the mix. Hopefully they will sound a bit more interesting in my new version.

1 Like