My Identity And Music Has Been Stolen!

this is how it ends a love story

Did you copyright your tracks ?

Russia is of copyLeft party

:D

Since events turned out OK this time, I think you could consider it a (strange) kind of flattery

yeah, promo.dj is a trashcan.

agree with your opinions about russia.

ppl around the world so negative bout russia, for example some mates tried to bring here artists like Madlib or anybody else from Stones Throw recs, but they just dont want to come here , reply is simple - PIRACY, WAREZ and so on.

pretty much sums it up. funny and slightly flattering, but also weird and somewhat disturbing… like i said the dude sent me this message saying he was “advancing the idea”, and how he was writing the music (now) - which personally i don’t believe anyway, almost certainly it was stolen from someone else. but even if he was writing original music… why would you do that and then say its by someone else? thats the part i didn’t get. the only reason as far as i could tell was cause originally he’d found this dubstep mix i did and some artwork on the myspace and thought “ooh thats cool i’ll pretend thats me”… then having the account set up in that name decided to go and find other stuff to say was his. he had a couple of other accounts set up in different names and was pretending that they were remixing each other and stuff like this. maybe its awesome in a postmodern way and i’m missing the point. like he’s remixing identities!

in a sense i’d rather someone took my work and said it was theirs than the other way around though - i mean if anyone googles me and finds a bunch of shite and thinks its by me, thats worse than people nicking my free music and putting it under a different name, really.

as far as copyright goes… some of the music which was originally stolen was under creative commons, as it was on my ‘proper’ netlabel release with testtube.