My Problems With Renoise And The Keyboard

No they’re not. Look harder.

EDIT: OK there’s not Global one buts I don’t really think there should be.

There is Expand/Collapse Current Track, Expand/Collapse All Tracks and Expand/Collapse All Tracks In Group in both the Pattern Editor and the Mixer though.

edited

You can set the same for both, no problem. Global isn’t needed IMO.

This thread is about keyboard operation shortcomings.

Thanks for the thread, had missed that but updated it on first post.

On the scripting issue: It could be possible to conjure up a faux GUI for the whole selected DSP, and within that GUI, manipulate the parameters. I admit that’s clunky, but would it be possible? Not in any means a good solution, thuogh.

What if we had a command-line in the status bar?

With TAB auto-completion and “Ctrl-R” for reverse history search like in bash/zsh/ksh?

And an “EXPORT_CMD(My:Package:lua_fun())” function, which then could export the given tool’s LUA function to make it globally accessible via command-line input?

Just my two cents.

A steaming hot wet dream… I suspect the relative cost would be too much, though. I assume the crowd wanting a command line is greatly outnumbered by the crowd not wanting one. :) For a hardcore-excursion on the subject, you could take a look at this, if you have not stumbled on it yet. The version there will fry your renoise (2.7), though, unless you fix it with Conner_BW:s proposed fix.

Koppi, this would be amazing, if it could be mapped to offer one-key sorting through efx, vsti/au and sample folders.
also
t:s:i:04:05:q
→ track-select-switchinstrument04in selection to 05, quantize selection.

I think enough folks anticipate on Vader but forgot because the topic smothered a bit away…

Missing keyboard shortcut.

“More” option in Disk Op to extend the browser.

(I know it’s accessible via API so could add one myself.)

Oh, I really meant the relative cost of adding a native command line. But it’s also nice to know that the War&Peace of my tool history is not just “muniin puhaltelua” (hard to translate keeping all the implied semantic ;) ). Right now I’m keen on getting that train rolling again. I wrote “I want to do this” in my project notes this morning.

EDIT: @kazakore: added that More one.

That doesn’t work, this line does work:
“I finish this now”
Is more butt-kicking than the other line.

Have now fixed some of these issues for the next beta, see below.

Fixed.

Instrument envelope now included in Next View sequence if visible and active.

Do you mean the ones in the automation view? Both the global ones and the ones in the disk browser have keybindings.

Fixed.

Fixed.

Fixed.

?!?!?! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

This is spectacular! Truly! Weird! and spectacular! Stellar! Thank you VERY much for your work on these issues!

Oh, wow! Good to be wrong here. I found the Disk Browser favorites now that I knew where to look, but where are the global(?) 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 -button bindings?

KMaki, I don’t think it would have happened if you hadn’t collected them together like this. So mad kudos to you & sharevari

You’ll find them under Global/View/Recall View Preset x.

I’ve remapped these away from the global view presets myself. :)

Heh. Okay, I didn’t get your meaning on the previous post. I actually knew about the global view presets, but I thought you meant the buttons under, say, automation graph were also keybindable. :)

Having ExpCurve as a keybind would be amazin. - gave up on tryin to script it myself, too weird

Yeah sorry, those are still missing. How desperate are you to have them?

Preferences → Keys → Automation → Generate → Create Exp Ramp