New Alpha (3) Release : 9 Aug 2004 -1 (win/osx)

That may be the case but at the end of the day no OS X 10.3, no Renoise.

Why did you buy a mac if you weren’t willing to incur the cost of running such a yuppie machine? Maybe you should stop complaining to Renoise about making it 10.2 compatible and start complaining to macintosh for cheaper or free upgrades.

C> Maybe you should stop complaining to Renoise about
C> making it 10.2 compatible and start complaining to
C> macintosh for cheaper or free upgrades.

whoa, chillout, Conner!

It is up to Blackis to decide what minimum OS version Renoise will run on. If he says 10.3, then I’ll upgrade to 10.3. He said he will develop for 10.2, which is cool. It was a suggestion because most users still use 10.2. (jaguar)
No one will complain because we like the job the Renoise developers are doing and we appreciate them for their hard work and talent.
Apple is a multi-billion dollar company, and they make great computers, but I’d rather give my $130 to Renoise development.

:D

[QUOTE]C> Maybe you should stop complaining to Renoise about
C> making it 10.2 compatible and start complaining to
C> macintosh for cheaper or free upgrades.

whoa, chillout, Conner!

It is up to Blackis to decide what minimum OS version Renoise will run on. If he says 10.3, then I’ll upgrade to 10.3. He said he will develop for 10.2, which is cool. It was a suggestion because most users still use 10.2. (jaguar)
No one will complain because we like the job the Renoise developers are doing and we appreciate them for their hard work and talent.
Apple is a multi-billion dollar company, and they make great computers, but I’d rather give my $130 to Renoise development.

:yeah:
I agree with this

yeah! Renoise power!

:yeah:

One of the reasons i will never buy a Mac and i will never run Apple software. It’s good for DTP purposes but for any other purpose it sucks deeply…

This does not only count for games:
http://home.cogeco.ca/~tariq/applegamer.wmv

I don’t care how much ideas Microsoft stole from Apple, though i hate Microsoft just as bad or even worse, but their new OS releases are at least compatible to run most of the software written for older versions.

I would not use Windows either if i could not run a whole bunch of programs after applying a service pack for it.
(Though service packs make your system run slower, if you want to save CPU resources, stick to the security patches and forget the rest.)

Amen.

I’m a Linux n00b, and I’ll start learning and using it soon, but did anyone try using Renoise in WINE?

Did it work? Is there a point on using something that emulates windows, when you could just use windows?

:huh: or :lol: ?

thx

Yes someone reported Renoise 1.5 working in Wine, don’t know if it works properly and all fonts are correct but it works.

Well i believe the Win-emulator seems to work more stable than Windows itself, but don’t pin me down for that.

Dude,

if this is really correct, than it’s GOOD, AWESOME news!

I’ve had with Micro$oft. <_<

1. wine emulation is way slower than using native win32 / directx
  2. i would not call it stable (i need to work with some win32 programms @ work using wine… crashing all the time)

renoise may behave different here, but i doubt it. for more performance you could check out transgaming (highly tuned wine for games, renoise should also profit from those tweaks)

So… your $130 (more like $50 and paid over a year ago) for X hours of development by a small struggling team of coders, vs a multi-billion dollar company who keeps changing their OS every year. Who do you think can afford to incur the development cost for your request? (hint: it’s apple, upgrade by all means necessary)

With all due respect to Blacksis who is working hard on trying to make it 10.2 compatible, and of course his decision is the final decision, it works now on OS X 10.3.

PS: Where were you in January when this question was asked and Jaguar support LOST

Respect to the dev team, infinitely. I’ll shut up now.

Porting a program like Renoise to another system is definately more work than modiifying some headers ;).

And don’t forget about JACK. JACK ROOLZ!

is the user page down? where u can get the alpha’s/officials?..

or am i being dumb…?

mlon

works fine over here:
http://user.renoise.com