New Flat, New Room, Terrible Accoustics

Now that you got your studio done, will we hear some more ear-candy from you soon? :D

the results and room look quite nice! Gratz!

if somebody wants to build their own traps or feels like measuring his room with REW5, feel free to use this thread for your queries.
in order to use REW5 properly, all you need to get is a condenser mic which has been calibrated.
the most popuar model is the (pretty cheap) Behringer ECM8000 condenser mic, which i already had the calibration file for.

hope so. had to reinstall win7 two days ago as SP1 refused to install on my previous installation. that of course results in re-installing aprx. 400 VST plugins one-by-one… you can’t imagine how much i hate that and how time-consuming this is. (or probably you can, lol)

Nice!

I need to do this. My monitors haven’t sounded right since I moved house almost a year ago :(

Interesting thread, since I’ve moved back all my music making shit to my old room in Nijmegen, I’m having standing waves at certain frequencies. I have yet to run a sweep through my room and check the exact frequency response (don’t think I’ll invest in a new mic especially for this but’ll use my zoom h2 for global reference), but running through the keys of a sine generating vsti shows he worst volume increases at octave 2, E (131 Hz), F (138 Hz).

I’m looking at the auralex product line for room treatment, and the mopads will be my first purchase, as a way to separate the monitors from my wooden desk, which resonates and emphasizes the sound.

While this is the companies sales video, it is getting pretty good reviews and should already be an improvement (hopefully :)).

Secondly I want to address the early reflections behind the monitors, buying a few of these studiofoam wedge panels:
:

Here is some more info on placement:

So I just installed these mopads and can defenitely hear the difference! Much more detail, better defenition in the lower end :) , If you got your speakers on a (wooden) desk I recommend getting these, bought them for 29.95 euro’s.