New Renoise Feature Chosen By Teh Winner

sound great :) now only for delay compensation and we are rockin :)

mlon

I wonder if it will be implemented as a seperate “recording tab” or as a much more flexible recording metadevice?

:smiley:

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

THANK YOU!!!

He just wrote that it will be rcording into sample slot, I think that would suggest that it is in the sample editor.

Well…that’s a shame. :frowning:

Imagine being able to record your track’s audio out at any point in the effects chain into a sample slot with a recording meta device, as well as audio input from your interface’s “line in”.

I just feel that this implementation is much more flexible than a mere recording feature in the sample editor.

But oh well. It’s better than nothing I suppose.

damn str8!!

i dont know about you guys, but man! the anticipation is already set in!

i have one question about this tho, is this feature expansive?

i mean like will we be able to record to multiple sample slots at the same time, since most of us have good cards, most of us have multiple audio in’s.

or is it 1 so in order to do some of the already stated it would be best to be done multiple times.

it doesnt make much difference to me, i dont use any external stuff, i would like to use this for beatboxing new ideas into renoise so i can go back an track them in. &, since now there is a IN going to a recordable sample slot, that means i can send the sum of the audio out into Jackosx into supercollider, an then back into renoise to the sample slot. that makes for some heavy duty dsp’n! :)
remixing on the fly

An idea:

When you’re playing a track, and you hit the ‘record audio’ button - it would be ace if the incoming audio was automatically ‘chopped’ into one-pattern-long samples, filling up the 0F sample slots in an instrument (or any number of instruments if you record for that long), which would then get automatically ‘drumkit mapped’, AND, automatically added into a new track in the patterns which you passed through while you were recording.

This would mean that as soon as you press stop, and wind back to where you started recording, your results would be replayed instantly, ready for you to inevitably stack up a massive DSP chain on top of it.

The automatic adding to the patterns should be optional, incase you’ve just got a loop going and are recording a shitload of stuff - hoping some of it might be good (like scratching or beat boxing or whatever) - but it should still be chopped up into segments the size of your choice*.

Hope that makes sense…?

Basically it would massively help you to sync up what you just recorded with the track so it would sound exactly as it was during the recording.

What dyou think about that then?

• = segmenting options:
  1. Single Segment, start record at pattern start
  2. Pattern-long segments (choose range of empty instruments)
  3. Half Pattern-long
  4. Every 16 beats
  5. Every n beats
    etc…

yes, I agree.
what’s the use of recording your guitar,
if you only hear the clean signal (I use vst effects on guitar for instance)

as I see it now, it’s only possible to add them later when it’s a sample.

hope they there will be some monitoring function.

for the markers and chopping of samples:
here you can see where the world of tracking ends,
and where that of audio recording begins.

These are just work arounds.
I can’t believe anyone would have their samples chopped,
just to overcome the limitations of the tracker concept.
the tracker concept would be addapted to these new features.

My thought is,
In the future there was requested a mixer view (maybe available in the next version already)
I think it’s way more usefull to implant the recording feature with the tracks rather than the sample editor.

maybe there’s a simpler way to do that instead of “audio tracks”
before it will be implented fully.

people will be able to

• monitor their input (let the signal flow trough vst effects) also for live use.
  • record more than one sample at once

but i’m just hammering on the same spots again.
I’m just frustrated I can’t use Guitar Rig inside Renoise yet I think.

I think the proper name for this implementation of recording is “sampling”. If you use this name, nobody will be confused, thinking it means audio tracks.

I think sampling is just as important as multitrack recording. In tracker environment, which is mostly sample based, even more important! But it’s meant for different purpose. Sampling is used for recording phrases and various sounds from different sources (it’s heavily used in hiphop for example), and recording is for recording vocals and long sections of live played instruments.

I agree it would be great, if we could route audio input through track’s VST chain though, and of course also monitor input live this way. Just a small option besides the record button to select a track number, so the signal will go through it’s VSTs before being sampled into slot. This would make sampling twice as powerful. We could even use energyXT as an audio track recorder, so the waiting for this feature in Renoise will be much much easier.

I really hope this “trigger” feature implemented… I always wanted to see it implemented on a tracker.

It was always necesary for work faster with Loooong samples onto trackers … and also the feature that many people that moved to piano roll audio sequencers missed so much when worked with trackers.

Well, as a workaround you could run guitar rig in minihost and have the output of that feed into renoise.

First things first, though…I’m just happy to have sample recording on the horizon. :)

Yeah. Surely a step in the right direction. :)

I would welcome this feature.

One thing I would really love would be the ability to swiftly swap between the Renoise sample-editor and something external like Soundforge. Renoise lacks that button.

Most Renoise users use an external editor anyway, so it sounds like a feature usable by all!

Though I wouldn’t use this feature, I don’t begrudge you asking for it; I just don’t think you’re speaking for me when you say “all”.

I don’t use an external editor, and think it’s very inconvenient to keep one’s sampler and audio editor seperate, so I’m very fond of renoise’s integration in this respect. One vote for keeping as much editing functionality as possible inside the sampler, please, it’s so much more convenient this way it’s not funny…

:D :P :lol:

But seriously, I agree with dr. drips, the cutting-idea mentioned wouldn’t be flexible enough and just a workaround at that. A way to follow the sample is way more important, and something to hope for in a following release.

As of today I have my own techniques of working with vocals that works fine for me (render RNS, let vocalist record using Kristal, load big WAV and adjust volume manually in sample editor, quite effective!), but editing effects midway requires a replay of the whole song and a bit more planning than listen, stop, edit, replay from proper part. Now it’s more like edit while listening, replay from start and re-edit if necessary. And repeat.

But it works, I don’t really get frustrated by it and I’d MUCH rather use this solution than Cubase etc any day.

ot:
me dislikes the usage of metadevices for such ordinary tasks.

to quote somebodies renoise- review:

but i remember the polls. audiorecording with two new devices?! :(

Load your vox into an energyXT sequencer, set it to external sync, and it will follow your every whim!

This has been an anoyance of mine for a long time… a pattern effect that would retrigger the last sample in the song at the proper offset would be hella great.

In other news, I want realtime multitrack recording. If that’s not possible, I’ll just settle for full integration with Adobe Audition. gets out the whip :lol:

i would like to see plug-in delay compensation as well :D