New Tool (2.7, 2.8): Track Freezing

Awesome!! Thanks

Hi, thanks for this tool - it’s amazingly useful.

Is it possible to render just one pattern from a tune, rather than all?

Sorry if I’ve missed something obvious - bit of a newbie (I’ve had Renoise for ages but am just getting round to learning it properly).

Many thanks again!

Thalamus

Probably best to do this manually. Select the region you wish to render (select all note columns on that track in that pattern) and render selection to sample.

Will there be a version for Renoise 3.0?

i was trying to get it work in renoise 3.0 by updating the api version to 4 in manifest.xml and replacing the removed function insert_sample_mapping by:

– Setup sample mapping
for i = 1, #render_filenames do
renoise.song().instruments[#song.instruments].sample_mappings[i].sample_index = i
renoise.song().instruments[#song.instruments].sample_mappings[i].base_note = i-1
renoise.song().instruments[#song.instruments].sample_mappings[i].note_range = {i-1, i-1}
renoise.song().instruments[#song.instruments].sample_mappings[i].velocity_range = {1, 127}
end

however there are some more problems, unfortunately.

Yes, the API for the instruments has changed radically.
sample_index has been removed so that no longer works.

Instead it is something like:
renoise.song().instruments[#song.instruments].sample_mappings[layer][index].base_note = i-1

See:
http://forum.renoise…nges-renoise-3/

FreezeTrack v1.4 TEST VERSION for RENOISE 3.0 - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! BACKUP YOUR FILES BEFORE USING IT! Seems to work nicely but not extensively tested! Don’t blame me if something goes wrong.

Thanks for the hard work Frank (and MXB, naturally) - much appreciated!

you’re welcome, the hard work was done by mxb i just fixed a few lines of code!

Great to have this in 3.0.

I got an error regarding the interpolation value, my quickfix was to change line 351 in main.lua to this: interpolation = “default”,

Thanks for this, saving my life atm :drummer:

Another updated version :wink:

(I didn’t know somebody already posted an update when i did it, quick fix included.)

thank you!!!

Works nicely!

Great Tool, I really needed that lately. Work nicely. Thanks a lot !!!

If someone could rewrite this tool to include individual pattern freezing, that would be a life saver.

If someone could rewrite this tool to include individual pattern freezing, that would be a life saver.

For rendering a single pattern you could just use the built-in Renoise render option, but select the pattern instead of the whole song.

If you meant you want to render some select subset of patterns, then the one-off rendering would be a bit tedious and error-prone.

For rendering a single pattern you could just use the built-in Renoise render option, but select the pattern instead of the whole song.

The problem is that’s not reversable. Once you’ve rendered a pattern as a sample, you can’t “un-render” it later on, and continue editing the original pattern, at least as far as I’m aware.

The problem is that’s not reversable. Once you’ve rendered a pattern as a sample, you can’t “un-render” it later on, and continue editing the original pattern, at least as far as I’m aware.

I was thinking of render to disk, but even render to sample leaves the actual pattern untouched. I just tried it and it just makes a new entry in the instruments list.

I was thinking of render to disk, but even render to sample leaves the actual pattern untouched. I just tried it and it just makes a new entry in the instruments list.

Sorry, I went way ahead of myself. What I meant to say was that reproducing freezing via rendering is not easily reversable.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out a more elegant workflow.

Render your pattern to sample > Disable transposing on the sample, and restrict the keyzone to a single note > Place said note in your pattern > Clear the original instrument

And if you need to edit the pattern, you just load the original instrument and delete the note that triggers the sample.

It’s not as easy as pressing one click, but I guess it works.