New Tool (2.8 - 3.1): Reorder Notes By Pitch

Yes, I never even attempt doing it manually!

Good to hear it`s working as expected so far.

This is a previous version of the tool:

removed link as a feature in the full tool now

you can find the menu entry in the pattern editor: Re-Order Notes By Pitch TEST --works for track in pattern

Just to check this is the behaviour you would like as a preference?

Ok, can quite easily add the old behaviour as a preference, and yes I`m afraid the pic is a bit out of scope for the moment.

edit: dont know if youve seen it before but I made a tool that may be of interest called ticky roll:
http://forum.renoise…ool-ticky-roll/

no replacement for piano roll but can be useful for an overview.

As requested there is a new preference menu entry under Tools:Ledger`s Scripts:Reorder Notes By Pitch in: ~Preserve Column Positions Enabled
If you uncheck this preference the reordering is done so that notes are left aligned in the track they are in.

Hey, I hacked together a version which does the sorting differently,
I basically needed to be able to sort each unique note to a separate column

If you enter this

C-4 D-4 E-4 F-4
D-4 E-4 F-4
E-4 F-4

It will output this

C-4 D-4 E-4 F-4
--- D-4 E-4 F-4
--- --- E-4 F-4

Supports note-offs too, but obviously has a maximum of 12 unique notes per pattern-track
(and yeah, only works with pattern-track ATM).

Perhaps you could find a way to integrate these features into the tool? In any case, I have attached the modified file.

Cool, I`ll take a look,

Looks like a neat drums track sorter.

New version updated for 3.0:

http://forum.renoise…post__p__298705

Made some changes, still a WIP but a useful enough update to release I think.

Just one menu entry and shortcut now, the rest is done via the new GUI:

Shortcut:
[b]Reorder Notes By Pitch

[/b]menu:
Tools > ledgers Script`s > Reorder Notes By Pitch

• v0.9
    -Tidied up menus into a GUI for easier use
    -Added selection in track (in pattern) range
    -removed whole song range

Hey ledger thanks for this script/tool. There seems to be a bug in the algorithm: Note-offs doesn’t seem to be moved correctly with the note. A note-off have to be moved always with the note before, hasn’t it? But this doesn’t happen here.

EDIT: No, the problem seems to be, if there is a note still playing on a column and another note appears in another column, this still hold-down/sustaining note needs to be taken care of…

And is it possible to have this tool directly with two shortest in the right-click-contextmenu like “Track->Order by pitch” and “Track->Order by pitch (left-align)” ?

Of course I would prefer auto note-sorting natively done by Renoise already, optional, viewable already while recording…

EDIT: No, the problem seems to be, if there is a note still playing on a column and another note appears in another column, this still hold-down/sustaining note needs to be taken care of…

And is it possible to have this tool directly with two shortest in the right-click-contextmenu like “Track->Order by pitch” and “Track->Order by pitch (left-align)” ?

Is the EDIT still a bug, I`m not quite sure what you are refering to?

Noted about the menus.

The note-offs are not moved along with the belonging note in any case, so the note offs will be mixed completely in a wrong way. For example if the notes do not play the same rhythm in each column, the result will be a bit chaotic. I think the algorithm needs to look for a new note if there is a note still playing in the column before/to the left. And if so, the target column moves one to the right and so on. So each column in the track needs a playing status, that will be deleted if a note-off appears.

I see what you are saying now,

I may have a look at this but it is unlikely to be soon to be honest.

I see what you are saying now,

I may have a look at this but it is unlikely to be soon to be honest.

I’m regularly using both your version and my own modified one. So I could merge the two while fixing the remaining issues, if you don’t mind?

I’m regularly using both your version and my own modified one. So I could merge the two while fixing the remaining issues, if you don’t mind?

That would be great danoise!

I`ll put it up in the first post with credit to you for the modification after.

That would be great danoise!

I`ll put it up in the first post with credit to you for the modification after.

Hi

Did this ever get merged in?

Also is this tool Midi Mappable?

cheers

Did this ever get merged in?

I started with a quick attempt but soon realized that I would not be able to fix the issues that this tool has.

So there will be no merged version, sorry.

Instead I’ve been dedicating the last couple of weeks on a much more flexible alternative - one that could be integrated into any other tool that need note-sorting.

I would estimate that the work is 80% done. Will bump this thread once it’s ready for use.

danoise, that would be fantastic for me. Highly looking forward for your tool release!

That does sound great. Look forward to it.

Chrs

… one that could be integrated into any other tool that need note-sorting.

This is really wonderful!!!I look forward to this new tool…

Will bump this thread once it’s ready for use.

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-1-voicerunner/46542