New Tool (2.8): Automatron

great tool, would be nice to have it working with sample envelopes too. for example, sample pitch can be “automated” only from envelope, as far as i know, except commands, of course, and such wicked shapes can bring lots of interesting opportunities there.

Thanks. I listened to your music linked in your signature, and it’s good.

I really appreciate the compliment,
-Harold

downloaded a long ago but finally using it for real. I recommend this tool to anyone constantly needing to create complex automation curves

Thanks for the endorsement, It-Alien. B)

Oy,

For a future version, besides the automation editor, please consider the option to also have this tool available for the instrument editor modulation tab envelope device! :slight_smile:

Maybe an entry for such tool could be made in the right mouse click menu for the envelope device?

Currently you can copy and paste envelopes made in the automation editor to the envelope devices manually, but to have the tool also work there out of the box would be much more practical imo.

NECRO’D THIS THREAD FROM THREE YEARS DEAD — my hero.

It’s an interesting idea. I haven’t used the inst-edit modulation much myself yet. Much less looked at the Lua interface for it.

I was thinking about doing a pass on this tool for Renoise 3.x and such. If I do, I’ll definitely look into putting it in the instrument editor as well.

I’d love to hear about any other ideas you have regarding the tool, or any samples of rad automations you’ve made as well.

You stay cool, friend.

-Harold

I’d love to hear about any other ideas you have regarding the tool, or any samples of rad automations you’ve made as well.

Hah :slight_smile: , well here is something Gova mentioned;

… the selection in the automation editor in 3.1 is accessible with the api, as is the ability to clear point content with an a specific range.
Therefore, it’s possible to make a selection, have a popup XY pad dialog with a slider on each end, the sliders controlling the start and end value, while the xy pad, similarly sized to the selection, will act as the curvature point, acting as a weight, multiplier otherwise, like it is in many complex curve making designs in daws/plugins.

Taktik on the new api changes that facilitate this;

-- Selection range as visible in the automation editor. always valid. 
-- returns the automation range no selection is present in the UI.
renoise.song().patterns[].tracks[].automation[].selection_start, _observable
  -> [number >= 1 <= automation.length+1]
renoise.song().patterns[].tracks[].automation[].selection_end, _observable
  -> [number >= 1 <= automation.length+1]
-- Get or set selection range. when setting an empty table, the existing 
-- selection, if any, will be cleared.
renoise.song().patterns[].tracks[].automation[].selection_range[], _observable
  -> [array of two numbers, 1-automation.length+1]

Maybe you can integrate some of the above to have more control over the curvature of the selected shapes? :yeah: :drummer:

Great tool!

look forward to any updates too!

excellent tool :slight_smile:

1 Like

wow , yeah , addresses some issues I had , very very cool