New Tool (2.8): Cells! 2.0

This will not work with an APC40 currently it seems. Is there any plan to support APC40 in future?

Well, I only really moved it across to the new API. It will need debugging. At least I didn’t break it! :)

Feel free to dig in and fix it to the best layout with the launchpad, I don’t have one to test or trial layouts on. Hopefully the updated API (and it’s documentation) should greatly assist.

Support for APC40 would be nice, however, as with the Launchpad, I don’t own one.

If there are people who are willing to test it and assist with development it can be done. First I will need a midi map for all the controls and how to set the LEDs… (or someone with one could start coding it)

Will do :D And thanks for the additional info!

Yes, let someone else do it ;) Most of the info (including the sysex code to property initialize the APC) can be extracted from the Duplex APC driver and control-maps.

Doesn’t Grid Pie work a little closer to that way? I don’t currently have a suitable controller so only going from memory of reading…

I have the PDF docs on technical bits for the APC40 if you want it. I’m a lua newb so probably not the best choice to code it yet, but I would be willing to test it.

Do you sleep BTW? :)

Doesn’t work on this laptop, just keeps saying output assigned doesn’t exist, and it is just set to windows primary
Crashed Renoise when i closed too (Latest b8 and v2 beta of cells)

post logs

Cells is on its way to becoming perfect and I can declare with a reasonable amount of confidence that snares will enjoy this tool. But what’s important is that it’s the first milestone in the lua tools bracket. Congratulations mxb, you are doing amazing.

Delete the preferences.xml file within the tool folder to reset to defaults and try again.

If it’s crashed Renoise please post a bug report in the 2.8 bug reports forum (with logs). While Cells! may crash, it should never bring down Renoise with it.

Not sure what the milestone is nor why a specific part of a drum kit would like this tool, but I’ll take it as a compliment. :)

I lold hard :D

Sorry for being dumb here, but not entirely sure what you mean by logs ?
Where are the logs ?

For what its worth there is no preferences.xml in tools ? (Maybe thats my issue)

*Edit small update , but it does it on two different comps here :(

OK scrub that
Seems to only work here when i have these provisos
1 Must be ASIO soundcard (Will not run at all with direct sound, two different cards)
2 Must have 6 available ASIO outputs (Tried single out mode, no workee)

But it is working now anyway, but with those provisos ;)
Cheers

INCREDIBLE !!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Renoise is my best purchase ever ! Thank you a lot for that tool.

Concerning controller support, I’ll take a look on mine, to see if it can be added to the list.

This looks great, but I cannot get it to work on my Ubuntu laptop.

Renoise otherwise works fine. I’m using jack with the final release of Renoise 2.8.0 and have no problems with other tools such as Duplex. But when I try to run Cells I get a message box that says, “Master output device not assigned as output device selected in preferences doesn’t exist.”

When I click OK I get another message box, with “Cue output device not assigned as output device selected in preferences doesn’t exist.”

The Cells preferences panel doesn’t let me change the setting for Master output or Cue output. They both say “Output 01 left/right.” Clicking on the value doesn’t help; I can’t edit or change it.

Any ideas?

I’m getting that too, Neurogami.

I poked around in the Cells source to see where these errors may be coming from. In “core/CellsMixerFX.lua” there’s this:

-- master  
 if table.find(self.track_master.available_output_routings, preferences.master_output_device.value) then  
 self.track_master.output_routing = preferences.master_output_device.value  
 else  
 renoise.app():show_warning("Master output device not assigned as output device selected in preferences doesn't exist.")  
 end  

-- cue  
 if table.find(self.track_cue.available_output_routings, preferences.cue_output_device.value) then  
 self.track_cue.output_routing = preferences.cue_output_device.value  
 else  
 renoise.app():show_warning("Cue output device not assigned as output device selected in preferences doesn't exist.")  
 end  

I don’t know enough Lua/Renoise coding to see what the problem is, but maybe someone else can shed some light?

What. for example, is “table” such that table.find would fail?

Since so far Cells is the only extension that’s giving me trouble I’m thinking there’s some hard-coded mixer options in there that do not play well either on Ubuntu or with Jack.

Hi,

Sorry, I thought I had replied about this.

This bug has been identified and fixed (it was an issue with the preference dialog when only one output was available).

Thanks

edit: All versions up to and including beta 2 are still affected. The fix has not yet been released.

Great news.

Where can this be downloaded? The most recent version I can find is com.mxb.Cells.2.0.beta2.xrnx which gives the same error message.

Yes, sorry it’s not released yet - that wasn’t clear.

As it’s not a major bug (just click the dialog to make it go away), the tool update is not ‘urgent’ and so it’s still in the queue :)

Ah! OK, I need to play with this more. Thanks.