New Tool (2.8): Scalefinder (Osc) 0.1Alpha

Found another quirk:)

Shortcut for Initiate/Switch Mode stopped working after I changed scale on GUI.

Are you sure you did remap it after reinstalling the tool, all keybindings and midi mappings will have to be remapped after a tool update.
If not, moa information again please, cause switch mode key-binding is working fine for me here!

press shortcut once - shows SF in Chord Mode
press shortcut again - Scale Mode
again - bypass, tool dissapear.
ok
now
press shortcut again - shows SF in Chord Mode
change major to minor natural or whatever
press shortcut again - scale mode
press shortcut again - nothing happens, tool still here

I have navigation issues while in OSC mode.
It seems that I am only able to navigate within the pattern while I am using the chord finder if I “initate” it by hitting a single note first, after that it works perfectly. It just took me forever to figure out how to “initiate” navigation while using the tool.

Great job though, both you and Suva, now renoise is easier to strum chords with than a ukulele. I can even play Django style gypsy jazz with this thing, I love it.

e// One suggestion too, maybe it could be made follow the octave specified so transposing won’t be necessary.

Guys… Out of nowhere, I’m totally getting a crash with this babe of a tool… It sucks, cause I love… erm, LOVE this thing… I’ve uploaded a picture

https://www.box.com/s/465bc736073414214ae8

Help! SOS! Big time. I don’t know what I did… everything was working great until today… Now it seems if I dial in a chord from column one, I get that message… --windows 7 home prem…

:guitar:

Can you make it crash with my attached tool revision?
Note, the attached tool requires “record” mode in the pattern editor to be turned on when you want notes in the pattern editor.
If it is turned off, it applies preview mode.
In record mode, the tool does it as it used to do (so that you can evaluate other tracks playing along) in preview mode it fires osc notes to the instrument.

Totally… but here is the weird thing… The crash only seems to happen for me, in this one project file. So strange…

https://www.box.com/s/1f7c308930ff2752e951

Here’s what I did in this project file, that is different than all others… I generated a sine instrument using this tool… http://forum.renoise.com/index.php?/topic/22302-tool-custom-wave-generator-28/page__st__25

Than from the instrument I deleted some samples… and I’m just wondering, if that is somehow effecting the scale tool… :frowning: but I don’t know enough about computers.

Anyways, maybe that one project file, has somehow gotten corrupted?

Anyways, I totally appreciate the help… but alas, everything seems to work in other projects still, so I’m just archiving that one, and I’ll move on to the next. Can you repeat the crash with that file though? Isn’t that weird as all?

Nopes, i can’t reproduce the problem.
I am moving the cursor towards the end of the track and see what happens if all 12 notcolumns are visible and the edit cursor is on the last notecolumn or a couple earlier, but even though it doesn’t work flawlessly, it is not crashing.
I don’t know what you do to start it, but it is not removing samples either. If that would be the case, reloading the tool would probably have helped (if you don’t have the terminal and editor option enabled, you can disable and enable the tool in the tool-browser)

I don’t know what happened either… I guess we don’t worry about it… Thanks for trying to help though… B) but it is working well in other projects, so I guess on my system, that particular file, took a trip to the twilight zone or something :D

You can always try the embedded edition in Epic Arpeggiator the buttons in there are midi mappable ;)