New Tool (3.0): Batch export samples from all instruments

Got the above message as well, when the tool was outputing filenames from previous project.
But disable/re-enabling it cures the behavior and works cool nonetheless, thank you vV for the tool!

eY vV,

Future feature request :slight_smile: ;

An option to export all samples named X, where the tool user can define X. (maybe in some small pop-up gui triggered through keyboard shortcut?)

For example if you’d like to export all samples containing the word snare, or maybe you name processed variations of your samples a certain way (I add CDP to the instrument names its used in), that way you can only export particular samples when you don’t need all of them.

Pretty please :drummer:

Run into something weird yesterday;

I exported all samples from all instruments (no multisample instruments) as .flacs without the option to use separate instrument folders. All samples were saved fine in the chosen destination folder without any issues.

Afterwards I closed the tools gui, opened up a new songfile & tried doing the same thing for the newly opened song, but instead of saving the samples with the actual names, the tool seems to remember the names from last songfile! Luckily it didn’t overwrite the old samples. I tried changing destination folder to no avail. Only after closing & reopening Renoise the tool works as expected. Maybe something to look into?

Mmm, now I’m getting;

‘C:\Users\pluge\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.1.0\Scripts\Tools\com.vvoois.Exportallsamples.xrnx\main.lua’ failed in one of its notifiers.

The notifier will be disabled to prevent further errors.

Please contact the author (v.voois) for assistance…

main.lua:218: attempt to concatenate local ‘ins_folder’ (a nil value)

stack traceback:

main.lua:218: in function main.lua:174

Renoise 3.1 32 bit version windows 10.

A few samples were saved before the bug notice popped up, but not with the actual names, something like;

Unnamed_Instrument

Unnamed_Instrument_(1)

Unnamed_Instrument_(1)_(1)

Unnamed_Instrument_(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)

Opening/closing renoise, rebooting the tool & selecting the destination folder seems to have fixed it for now.

Nvm.

thanks for this

Batch export all instruments would be nice as well

Holy poop I’ve been looking for something like this for a loooong while!!! Thank you very much for this!

Would it be possible to select the range of instruments instead of save all? Or is it all or nothing possible right now with the API?

I’m having an issue with this randomly, where when i export the samples from a song and then open a new song and export samples, the plugin exports the samples from the old song again rather than from the new one. Not sure what’s going on! @vvoois could something have broken in the new update?

I haven’t touched the lua tools in ages, i’m surprised they actually still do something in newer Renoise editions.

I wonder if somebody did not forked into it yet to adapt it to the newer versions of Renoise…
It is open source as well as i cheer towards lua enthusiasts that want to expand or take over my “torch” to carry on.