New tool (3.4.3): SamRender v2.0 build 015 (November 2023)

Perhaps off-topic, but:

I’ve been thinking about a tool that could put the rendering process in reverse - instead of rendering, it would import a pool of rendered snippets - recreate patterns / track names, all from the file names.

Actually, if I was familiar with reascript I would probably put out such a thing on the Cockos forum. Could be awesome for Renoise + Reaper users :smiley:

This could be quite useful too. I think even I could design it. But that would imply having the rendered file folder well sorted. I imagine recordings in parallel with a song already composed. It would be very easy to load it into the song as a sample, and then rectify the pieces of the sample in case one does not fit the rhythm of the song.To load samples of loops would also be quite useful, instead of composing phrases to shoot them from a note.

I think I could add it to SamRender in a future release.I would have to study it a little. How to select several files at the same time to create everything with a single operation?

Thanks for this Raul.

I always like automating-timesavers like this, that can open up new workflows!

1 Like

Thanks for this Raul.

I always like automating-timesavers like this, that can open up new workflows!

Thanks Ledger!

Actually, I do not understand why the capabilities of this tool were not integrated in Renoise. Maybe it was thought that a song could last a long time, an hour or more. And putting a sample of one hour could be a bit exaggerated. Is it not possible to render directly to load into a new sample of a new instrument? It’s like something is missing.I’ve always wanted to see the wave of my song finished. With renoise, there is no choice but to use other software.

If you want to have fun with a new tool, try KangarooX120. I have put a lot of effort with this tool, especially to expand the capabilities of real MIDI controllers. It is also directly related to the workflow. You can record different notes of different instruments on different tracks at the same time…

I’ve always wanted to see the wave of my song finished. With renoise, there is no choice but to use other software.

Yes I’ve just made a suggestion that’s related, for some oscilloscope improvements:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-oscilloscope-view/49478

Will take a look at kangaroox120, keep up the good work, it`s good to see the xrnx forum still active!

Maybe I’m a bit late, but here is a more flexible tool for rendering particular slots/patterns/song: https://forum.renoise.com/t/render-selected-patterns-to-sample/46862

To render a song, hit ctrl-a in the PM and “Render Selected Slots to Sample”.

Maybe I’m a bit late, but here is a more flexible tool for rendering particular slots/patterns/song: https://forum.renoise.com/t/render-selected-patterns-to-sample/46862

To render a song, hit ctrl-a in the PM and “Render Selected Slots to Sample”.

Joule, if you have some spare minutes sometime, it would be great if you could make a post with links to all your forum-only tools and put it in your signature (i.e. like “My Scripts On Forum” in mine).

You`d be doing us a great service! :slight_smile:

If at any time it is considered to include it natively in Renoise, I suggest that you have the ability to be able to select the instrument, and also the target sample. That is, if it is desirable for the user, to be able to accumulate different samples in the same instrument. I think it could even be done in a more advanced tool yet. A fusion between Joule’s tool and my own. Actually, I really liked the selection in the matrix editor. This could implement it.

It would have 4 tabs, “Entire Song”, “Sequence Range”, “Lines in Range” and “Selection” (inside Matrix Editor).With this, I think it would be everything.

Selection in matrix ADVP FTW!

1 Like

New release published: SamRender v1.1.004.

Inside the spoilerof the first entryis theUpdates Historywith more information…

I know that all of us are very excited about the new launch of Sononym.A good way to celebrate it for me is updating the SamRender tool, to be able to create samples in a massive way. The selection has been added in the matrix editor, as well as the automatic insertion of new samples. Thus, it is very easy to render to create samples in a very surgical way, selecting within the matrix editor.Try the new tab " Matrix Sel."!

SamRender has improved a lot with this new update, considerably expanding its flexibility!Without a doubt, SamRender has become an indispensable tool for Renoise!

Enjoy it!

1 Like

Can’t find it real quick in the preferences but does this tool have a keyboard shortcut to bring up the render dialog? Would be sweet if there also could be a shortcut that takes into account the last used/current settings and automatically renders the output after keypress…similar to how Renoises native render to sample works.

Can’t find it real quick in the preferences but does this tool have a keyboard shortcut to bring up the render dialog?

No, but I can add it.The route would be in Preferences/Keys: Global/Tools/SamRender, but the keyboard command should be configured by the user after installing the tool. I will add it for the next version.

It seems that [SHIFT + R] is free to assign. I could also add it to close the tool when the window is in the foreground. It would be very easy to open and close the window. Then press Rigth Control [R.CTRL] to render.

Would be sweet if there also could be a shortcut that takes into account the last used/current settings and automatically renders the output after keypress…similar to how Renoises native render to sample works.

I’m not sure what you mean. Could you explain it?

This tool preserves the established configuration as long as you do not close Renoise (it remains in memory). That is, it does not matter if the tool window is closed, the configuration will be retained, until you restart Renoise. Another thing is that you want to keep the configuration after closing Renoise.Do you need the tool to save all the configuration after restarting Renoise?

With the window selected, press Right Shift [R.SHIFT] and you can change from the sample editor to the pattern editor and vice versa. If you have activated the checkbox “Show modified sample in Sampler/Waveform”,SamRender will show this panel after each rendering.If you press up, down, right or left with the SamRender window in the foreground, Renoise will always switch to the pattern editor automatically, regardless of the panel you are on. This is very useful if you want to do a repetitive operation of rendering single slots from the matrix editor, or use the mouse to select several slots at the same time.

New release published: SamRender v1.2.005.

Inside the spoilerof the first entryis theUpdates Historywith more information…

SamRender v1.2 build 005

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:8206]

@Djeroek. Maybe this new version is closer to your wishes…You will probably find it more direct at the time of rendering.

Excellent stuff Raul, thanks :drummer:.

I’m not sure what you mean. Could you explain it?

The direct rendering option that you’ve implemented in the latest update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also thanks for this!

1 Like

Thanks guys for thanking! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Raul - amazing tool!! I have no idea how many times I have rendered a track just because I need 20% of it. Game changer :slight_smile:

Raul - amazing tool!! I have no idea how many times I have rendered a track just because I need 20% of it. Game changer :slight_smile:

Thanks xerxes! Enjoy it!

Raul, had to come back once again to thank you for this tool :slight_smile: I love it!

1 Like

This tool has been updated to version 1.3.007. Read the first comment for more information…

Thanks Raul for this incredibly useful tool! It really helps with the workflow :yeah:

1 Like