New Tool (3.1) ChordGun

When enabling “all chords” in options, the dialog window goes past the screen on my system. Anyway to add a scrollbar or something?

First time I’m trying an external Renoise tool and this look interesting. Quite simple to use too!

Yeah, pretty fun to try out some chords I would have never thought of!

@EatMe Please change com.pandabot.ChordGun.xrnx to com.eatme.ChordGun.xrnx so people know it’s your version, what you attached is not the latest version I released so it’s a little misleading

Why isn’t it in the tools section?

This thing is great! Add in an adjustable strum effect and it’s jazzy piano/moody guitar for days :smiley:

Yeah, I know there’s a plugin that does the strum effect already, but it would be more fun to have it included IN the ChordGun.

OSC

I just wonder about the OSC option that I don’t really understand about. There is some careful advert on the preference panel. So that mean it’s better to not use too much this option?

1 Like

Why did you open a new topic, now it’s even more confusing. If you’re going to do enough serious development to warrant a new topic then you shouldn’t call it ChordGun you should call it something else. But at the moment you only added chords which breaks functionality for users with smaller screens

Call it something else then, don’t get me wrong I like that you’re hacking it to suit your needs but I object to you releasing under my name and creating a new topic so that there’s 2 different ChordGun posts

No, your changes introduced a bug for users like me who have smaller screens. I don’t think 10th chords are very useful for most users either, to be honest if I were to make an update I’d probably remove some of the chords I have in there to match the set I went with in the reaper version. Especially the ones like 7sus4#5, probably no one uses them

You could make it wider and add more columns for each scale degree

Pandabot, where is your newest version, is that the one attached to your original post?

Yeah the one attached to the original post is the latest one, maybe I should ask for this to be in the tools section. When I first asked they said to post it in the forums so it could be user tested, they’d probably give me access now

1 Like

Hey can you ask eatme to post the lua script or make chordlord for reaper? I cant see the code in these xrxn files to make it myself damn…

Can you make this into a lua files too? so that reaper users can run it in the daw?
I would but i cant edit the xrxn file in notepad its just nonsense symbols and some slight syntax.
Thanks if you do!

it|s just zipfile

Great tool!

1 Like

I forget - is the source code for this plugin viewable? I have long wanted to learn enough Lua to add 9th chords to it since I use those so much.

A while back EatMe added them (along with WAY TOO MANY) other chords to his ChordLord plugin

If you enable scripting, you can view the lua for any and all tools

here’s how: New Tool (3.0): dBatchProcess - #35 by Jonas thanks to @Jonas

1 Like

I’ve created keystrokes for it. It’s not one key but it’s quick and straightforward considering how much functionality is available in this plugin.

1 Like