New Tool (3.1): GT16-Colors v1.2a1 (updated 12 June 2017)

Thanks Raul for this tool. I think it can come in handy in different situations.

One question: Is it possible to (pre)listen to the notes entered with the Mouse Piano? I hope I haven’t overlooked it.

Yes, hover the mouse over the of the volume value (next to the volume bar icon) and you will see a warning in your tooltip:No Sound? Activate OSC Server in Preferences [127.0.0.1, Port:8000, Protocol:UDP].

Then the piano will play the notes with their sound…

Enjoy the tool :D!

For your information, I have another version of this tool to publish. In a few days or hours, it will be published, with more improvements to the WMP and more.WMP has many “hidden” options. Try it deeply. Some things are amazing…

Ok, nice. Thanks for the hint!

I will definitely check the new version.

Raul, kudos for this tool! While I’m late to the party (as usual), it looks quite useful and I’ll certainly be watching this thread. :slight_smile:

So, when is the 300 page user manual being released? :wink:

Cheers.

Raul, kudos for this tool! While I’m late to the party (as usual), it looks quite useful and I’ll certainly be watching this thread. :slight_smile:

So, when is the 300 page user manual being released? :wink:

Cheers.

When the version is a final version and “complete”, not an alpha.In the beginning this is a very personal tool, not for the community. But if there are many people interested, a simple manual would be feasible.And it will not have 300 pages ^_^. Actually, the tool is very easy to use. With a little instruction it will be easy to understand.

I want to add small portions of code, such as being able to clone at the end of the song x number of patterns, by selecting the initial one. And fine-tune the code to make it work as polished as possible.When I get bored composing, I make code.But I’m not Taktik, do not expect too much speed…If you want fast and well-made tools, trust Danoise, but I guess you already know…Some users share interesting tools. But some get lost along the way. Need to be on the lookout! :wink:

Note: some parts of the tool are “prepared”, not completed…

Sounds like you have a plan. Looking forward to a release candidate in the future. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Sounds like you have a plan. Looking forward to a release candidate in the future. :slight_smile:

Cheers

I have not been back here in a long time… GT16-Colors is my second tool (the first considered elaborate), but it was part of my personal learning with the LUA code and the Renoise API, something like a learning experiment, to see where to I get there.After seeing my limitations to build certain functions, certain limitations of the API and my general ignorance of some issues (there are some things I do not know if they can be done if they are not in the API), I have been forced to stop the development of this multi-tool.

Instead, since this summer I have been developing another very different tool, fruit or witness of some ideas of certain people who are no longer in the forums because they were not happy with Renoise these last months. This tool is already something much more serious, functional and optimized, with the aim of avoiding also to build things that I am not able. Basically it is an advanced editor to support the pattern editor.

Here is a screenshot of a premature version of the tool:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:7549]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:7582]

a demoof one of its modules:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:7585]

And recently I have added a new window called EffectPad:

7594 vpdpro-effectpad-01.png

7595 vpdpro-effectpad-02.png

It is a pad to insert or edit any type of parameter more easily.Now I’m adding MIDI Input to this window as well.When I consider it complete, I will open a new topic for him.Although lately I am composing more music in my little frets than manipulating code :lol:.

For now I will continue with this tool…

I have not been back here in a long time… GT16-Colors is my second tool (the first considered elaborate), but it was part of my personal learning with the LUA code and the Renoise API, something like a learning experiment, to see where to I get there.After seeing my limitations to build certain functions, certain limitations of the API and my general ignorance of some issues (there are some things I do not know if they can be done if they are not in the API), I have been forced to stop the development of this multi-tool.

Instead, since this summer I have been developing another very different tool, fruit or witness of some ideas of certain people who are no longer in the forums because they were not happy with Renoise these last months. This tool is already something much more serious, functional and optimized, with the aim of avoiding also to build things that I am not able. Basically it is an advanced editor to support the pattern editor.

Here is a screenshot of a premature version of the tool:

a demoof one of its modules:

And recently I have added a new window called EffectPad:

attachicon.gifvpdpro-effectpad-01.png

attachicon.gifvpdpro-effectpad-02.png

It is a pad to insert or edit any type of parameter more easily.Now I’m adding MIDI Input to this window as well.When I consider it complete, I will open a new topic for him.Although lately I am composing more music in my little frets than manipulating code :lol:.

For now I will continue with this tool…

Oh, my…
Is there any development about this project?
I would love to see this in action…

Oh, my…
Is there any development about this project?
I would love to see this in action…

Hi Exidus

The first version of VPDpro is finished. But I wanted to review all the code to fix an matter that has to do with the “locals” in all the LUA files. The tool is quite complex, but I’m not considering creating a manual. The focus of this tool was not to publish it, but for personal use. But I do not mind sharing it if there are a lot of people who ask for it.This tool has tooltips on each control (button, slider, popup…), which briefly explain what they are for.

Currently, I’m finalizing another big tool (with manual), more focused to be understandable, that can add extra fun to Renoise when it comes to playing notes (and phrases).I like to build tools with LUA. Possibly, in a short time there will be some surprise published considerably serious.

But I do not mind sharing it if there are a lot of people who ask for it.

I would very much like to use this tool also.

I would very much like to use this tool also.

Hi Drop Shadow!

Ok, if I see that there are many people who request it, I will officially publish it in the tools section of www.renoise.com. Before, possibly, I published something else, quite interesting…

Your new tool looks very useful! I hope you’ll have time to develop it to completion.

… but it was part of my personal learning with the LUA code and the Renoise API, something like a learning experiment, to see where to I get there.

You’ve come a long way my young Jedi.

Cheers.

Your new tool looks very useful! I hope you’ll have time to develop it to completion.

You’ve come a long way my young Jedi.

Cheers.

Hi The_Traveler!

VPDpro is in standby mode :o, until I finalize a big tool ( PhraseTouch ), which I think will be quite interesting, that I advance that will officially publish…Actually I’m not finishing the new tool (already done), but your user guide.I do not know if I will repeat this feat, it is practically more difficult to make a decent user manual than the tool itself.But yes, it is a form of complete learning.

This is related:https://forum.renoise.com/t/open-user-guide-html-of-tool-for-any-os/49153

Certainly, having to support 3 operating systems adds more complexity…

But do not tell these things to anyone. Keep this conversation a secret :lol:.

Big, tool, phrase, touch, secret. Gt16 is nice.
Bigger ?!? So much suspens and so much excited about what may happen.
Good luck.
Cheers.

Big, tool, phrase, touch, secret. Gt16 is nice.
Bigger ?!? So much suspens and so much excited about what may happen.
Good luck.
Cheers.

Thank you very much! Yes, bigger! It is scheduled for day 19. I do not tell you anything else :wink:

Regards!

A light appear in cloud.

This is actually really good, the gradient thing is gorgeous:

Hehe with this type of tools I started. Great learning times!

Hi Raul!

I want to test your tool, but i cant found any download link for the latest version in Post #14? Is this Project still in development or is it abadoned?

happy Tracking :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks mate! :slight_smile: